• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PizzaCuber

Thnx for telling us! Now that the secret's out, are you gonna use cubingwitdapizza again? Or are you gonna quit the forums, too?

Man that stinks.
Nah, just gonna use this account. Also @Cube Tribe thats interesting. We hope you come back, honestly I wish my parents wanted me to play more video games lol. Good luck!

maticuber

WCA
2009MACA01
I stopped cubing for nearly 10 years, after 2 weeks of practice I improved my times, AMA
I had several south american records back in 2010, after 2011 took a break, went to one competition in 2013 and then I stopped completely.

With the quarantine I got into cubing again and I'm having a blast, the new cubes are amazing and it's really motivating seeing how I remember a lot of algs and my times are more or less the same as before taking the break.

WCA ID: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/persons/2009MACA01

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I stopped cubing for nearly 10 years, after 2 weeks of practice I improved my times, AMA
I had several south american records back in 2010, after 2011 took a break, went to one competition in 2013 and then I stopped completely.

With the quarantine I got into cubing again and I'm having a blast, the new cubes are amazing and it's really motivating seeing how I remember a lot of algs and my times are more or less the same as before taking the break.

WCA ID: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/persons/2009MACA01
Welcome back!

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had quit for six years back in like 2014 I think before going in to college and pursuing other hobbies. Got back into it for quarantine and was kinda sad that I stopped cubing for so long tbh. I could've been schnasty :( But I am back now! (Back well over a month or two) and have already beaten a couple of my old PBs, so that shows promise!

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had quit for six years back in like 2014 I think before going in to college and pursuing other hobbies. Got back into it for quarantine and was kinda sad that I stopped cubing for so long tbh. I could've been schnasty :( But I am back now! (Back well over a month or two) and have already beaten a couple of my old PBs, so that shows promise!
Welcome back!

maticuber

WCA
2009MACA01

I'm kinda in the same boat, my last competition was in 2013 but I stopped cubing in 2011.

All the new hardware is unreal, and the new records are too good to be true.

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm kinda in the same boat, my last competition was in 2013 but I stopped cubing in 2011.

All the new hardware is unreal, and the new records are too good to be true.

Bruh you couldn't have said it better. Magnetic cubes are insane. When I came back, I thought my 2013 cubes were still solid compared to what I thought they'd feel like. Two months later after getting some moyu gts2 4x4 and gts3 3x3, I am in heaven. Everything feels effortless in terms of moving. Crazy hardware. And the competitions look insane! Watching cubing national videos or worlds makes me feel like I am watching the super bowl or something

maticuber

WCA
2009MACA01
Bruh you couldn't have said it better. Magnetic cubes are insane. When I came back, I thought my 2013 cubes were still solid compared to what I thought they'd feel like. Two months later after getting some moyu gts2 4x4 and gts3 3x3, I am in heaven. Everything feels effortless in terms of moving. Crazy hardware. And the competitions look insane! Watching cubing national videos or worlds makes me feel like I am watching the super bowl or something

I think one of the things that impressed me the most was Max Park's relay video that he uploaded the other day, the way he solves 4x4 and 3x3, the cube screaming at 11tps, the dude's a fricking monster.

I'm A Cuber

Here it is: I will quit pretending to love Gan and hate MGC just to get on people’s nerves

UnknownCuber

Like the title describes, I haven't been into cubing news for quite a while, so there's some new stuff that I might not know. Anyone cares to answer:
1. New 3x3 single? Yusheng Du? Who's that?
2. Speedsolving metas are still cfop, zz and roux?
3. Any new notable alg (sub)sets (3x3) in the past year?
4. Other notable news?
Thx guys

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Like the title describes, I haven't been into cubing news for quite a while, so there's some new stuff that I might not know. Anyone cares to answer:
4. Other notable news?
Thx guys
Yusheng du set a 3.47 3x3 single
metas are cfop,roux and zz
max has been dominating

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
4. Other notable news?
Thx guys
Yusheng Du was some Chinese cuber that few people have heard of who averages about 8 who just happened to come up with a really good solution that others didn't and got the world record with it.
Speedsolving metas are still CFOP and roux (and possibly ZZ)
I don't know of any notable alg sets.
other news: Cubers have realised that Gan just release the same cube with minor changes every few months, 6x6 hardware is no longer horrendous with the release of the MGC 6x6x6 and there have been no official Cubing competitions since march sadly.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yusheng Du was some Chinese cuber that few people have heard of who averages about 8 who just happened to come up with a really good solution that others didn't and got the world record with it.
Speedsolving metas are still CFOP and roux (and possibly ZZ)
I don't know of any notable alg sets.
other news: Cubers have realised that Gan just release the same cube with minor changes every few months, 6x6 hardware is no longer horrendous with the release of the MGC 6x6x6 and there have been no official Cubing competitions since march sadly.
WR for 3x3 ao5 is 5.53 by Feliks, Max Park close behind.
Flagship cubes for 3x3 are Gan 356 XS, Moyu Weilong WR M, Valk Elite, and Dayan Tengyun V2. Qiyi MS line very good for price, lots of good midrange cubes. YJ MGC line dominating bigger cubes, relatively cheap prices for good cubes all the way to 6x6, and soon 7x7. Customisation becoming the norm, interchangeable magnets and springs are usual in flagships.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
4. Other notable news?
Thx guys
1. This is Yusheng Du: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/persons/2015DUYU01
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. Budget cubes are people's mains now.

Last edited: