• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I always seem to get sad when people quit cubing, ofcourse I get that at some point it might just be enough for some people, I still feel sad about it. Like clicking on someone's profile of old threads and seeing that they were last online around 5 years ago, which could mean they just don't check the forums anymore but okay.
In my opinion @Ivan95 , do what makes you happy. Maybe it might be to stop learning 3 style/ doing bld or stop cubing. But if you ever feel like picking up a cube again, go for it, because it will be something you want to do, something fun. I currently am learning 3-style, but I think for me it is a small (okay very big) obstacle in the way of doing something I love even better (being good at multi-BLD). Hopefully I said something worth thinking about. Goodluck wherever life may take you!

I’m afraid to ask what 3-style is.
It is a method for blindsolving where you solve 2 pieces at a time instead of 1 like the beginner's methods. So essentially you'll be doing 11 or so algs instead of 22. There are about 189 algs for corners and around 200 I think for edges.

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel
Im back. This is my 3rd post since my return to the site and speedcubing in general. I have plans and new thing that i have done. After i left and posted the update on my ZBLL thread about me discontinuing progress, i basically slowly faded out of speedcubing and took i break. I then went over to speed sliding as it caught my interest. My PB for digital 15 puzzle is sub 8! anyway... here is some new pbs of speed cubing i got.

2x2 single: .76 (quick reconstruction):
F' R U F R U F' R2 U2
y2
U2 R U' R'
I honestly think that was it although

I also got some new cubes!

1st package cubes:
Yuxin Little Magic 3x3
Meilon 4x4
Yuxin Little Magic 6x6
YJ magnetic 7x7

2nd round package:
Yuxin Little Magic 5x5 M (it got me 1 second off a pb my 3rd solve with it)
Moyu Redi Cube
and ill just include it, The QiYi Kloski Puzzle

I also started a box collection which helped me with some cube names... (mostly the Yuxin ones)

I now will tell you my plans for a good bit.
I am going to learn the rest of OLL as i never actually finished it. This means i wont start up ZBLL again for a good bit. I promise though i will do it eventually. After which i will learn OLLCP most likely (99% sure) and then probably back to zbll if not something else like the oriented LS.

That is it for now and my next tread will deffinetly be OLLCP because i feel i am close enough done with oll to not have to post it. OH and i also learned like 5 of them one day but i dont remember when. Sorry if i got peoples hopes up by saying i would do ZBLL when i didnt even know full oll. Anyway have a nice day!

Edit: If you guys want me to open an oll progression thread i can. i would count what i have done if you would want me to open one

Last edited:

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome back! what are your main events and what do you average in them?
uhh probably 2x2 to 5x5....

in 2x2 i average (LITTERALLY) 6 seconds...
in 3x3 its probably 21-23 or 25
4x4 its like 1:40 probably
and 5x5 its like 3 minutes.

I do 6x6 but i dont time myself as i find it a bit too fun to time atm. only reason is becaause i find caged method fun while it is inefficient.

PizzaCuber

Hey guys, today’s judgment day. I think I’m going to quit ACTIVELY cubing. Notice I say actively. I’m going to keep a few puzzles, mega 3 and maybe 5, but I’m not looking to improve much. The reason, is because I have gotten more hobbies. Cubing is still interesting but it’s getting a little bit repetitive. The one hobby that has overtaken it, is in the spoiler.
Yoyoing. It’s fun what can I say.
I will still be active on the forums, I will still go to a comp if one ever comes near me (and ronas over). So farewell! I will probably post a thread selling all my cubes but idk yet.

O the secret. I’m cubinwitdapizza. I made an alt because I kinda got mad one day, soooo that’s why every thins been so suspicious between us like the using of ZZ and same average and stuff.

FinnTheCuber

Totally get it. Ive been into yoyoing before. its SO fun. What yoyo do you have and where did you buy it from?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Makes sense I guess. Good luck with yoyoing though!

I always seem to get sad when people quit cubing, ofcourse I get that at some point it might just be enough for some people, I still feel sad about it. Like clicking on someone's profile of old threads and seeing that they were last online around 5 years ago, which could mean they just don't check the forums anymore but okay.
In my opinion @Ivan95 , do what makes you happy. Maybe it might be to stop learning 3 style/ doing bld or stop cubing. But if you ever feel like picking up a cube again, go for it, because it will be something you want to do, something fun. I currently am learning 3-style, but I think for me it is a small (okay very big) obstacle in the way of doing something I love even better (being good at multi-BLD). Hopefully I said something worth thinking about. Goodluck wherever life may take you!

It is a method for blindsolving where you solve 2 pieces at a time instead of 1 like the beginner's methods. So essentially you'll be doing 11 or so algs instead of 22. There are about 189 algs for corners and around 200 I think for edges.
Extremely relatable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cube Tribe

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, thanks for everyone who supported me in the past :)
Cubing was a wonderful experience that I have been addicted to for the past few years, unfortunately, my parents did their best to stop me and I guessed it finally worked for them, I have no cubes anymore and I can't find any way to get my hands on any cube currently...
I gave up on youtube since my last video only made 100 views compared to other videos that usually make 500+
I also gave up on my discord server 300+ members...
I guess I am slowly gonna lose my progress, but on the other hand, my dad seems to support me to do competitive fortnite, he got me the gear, the keyboard, the mouse and all I need to start grinding esports profesionally!
I honestly don't know what to do, since my parents don't allow me to cube anymore. Thank u so much for reading this and bye bye to all cubers :(
I might be back one day when I don't need my parents to buy me cubes.

tasguitar7

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sorry to hear you won't be cubing anymore. As some encouragement, I have cubed on and off for 10 years, taking breaks of 3 or 4 years at a time, and it always feels natural to come back. One day, you may likely make your way back to the community and I am sure the community will warmly welcome you back when the time comes!

Last edited:
Cubing was a wonderful experience that I have been addicted to for the past few years, unfortunately, my parents did their best to stop me and I guessed it finally worked for them, I have no cubes anymore and I can't find any way to get my hands on any cube currently...
I gave up on youtube since my last video only made 100 views compared to other videos that usually make 500+
I guess I am slowly gonna lose my progress, but on the other hand, my dad seems to support me to do competitive fortnite, he got me the gear, the keyboard, the mouse and all I need to start grinding esports profesionally!
I honestly don't know what to do, since my parents don't allow me to cube anymore. Thank u so much for reading this and bye bye to all cubers :(

wut? most of us have that upside-down, no gaming, better of doing cubing, anyway, come back shortly.

Last edited:
WCA
2017OWEN01
I just want to say all your videos have been doing really well apart from the last one most likely it was just a one off and secondly if your parents are stopping you from cubing you should show them DGcubes seminar on how cubing helped him get into college and also why we cube. if you dont want to cube I am in full support but your parents have no right to stop you doing something that you enjoy and has no negative consequence.

Cube Tribe

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sorry to here you won't be cubing anymore. As some encouragement, I have cubed on and off for 10 years, taking breaks of 3 or 4 years at a time, and it always feels natural to come back. One day, you may likely make your way back to the community and I am sure the community will warmly welcome you back when the time comes!
Yeah, hopefully, I'll be back soon :)
wut? most of us have that upside-down, no gaming, better of doing cubing, anyway, come back shortly.
If I can get a cube ofc.. :/
Sorry to hear that you are quitting. I really hope you can come back to cubing in the future. Good luck with your competitive Fortnite then.
Thank you so much, I honestly really enjoy this cubing community tho :(
Why won't they let you cube anymore?
They think it's a dumb/useless hobby...
Dude you should ask them about that.

Will you still be active on here :(
I'll try my best ;)
u can still do virtual puzzles and be online in the community and when u get a cube start again
Honestly, I didn't like virtual cubes much, physical cubing is just the best...
I just want to say all your videos have been doing really well apart from the last one most likely it was just a one off and secondly if your parents are stopping you from cubing you should show them DGcubes seminar on how cubing helped him get into college and also why we cube. if you dont want to cube I am in full support but your parents have no right to stop you doing something that you enjoy and has no negative consequence.
Thank u so much, yeah.... But in their opinion, it's wasting my time :/

brododragon

O the secret. I’m cubinwitdapizza. I made an alt because I kinda got mad one day, soooo that’s why every thins been so suspicious between us like the using of ZZ and same average and stuff.
Thnx for telling us! Now that the secret's out, are you gonna use cubingwitdapizza again? Or are you gonna quit the forums, too?
Man that stinks.