• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KW24

This already exists:

WV+SV can be used to orient the corners while solving the last slot, but only if it is ready for a three move insert(R U R' / R U' R'). This could be optimized for Roux to ignore EO and the M slice, making algs better

ZZ-OLS does the same thing as WV+SV, except from any setup, not just three move insert cases(like you suggested). There would be more algs than normal, because of the 2 M slice edges being available, and these also could be optimized to ignore EO+M slice

CLP solves the corners(oriented and permuted) while solving the last pair(only from a three move insert), but these could be optimized for ignoring EO+M slice

Like I said, these sets could absolutely be optimized for Roux, but the basic idea already exists. Also, there is a thread for new methods, subsets, etc. which can be found here.

Just a tip, don't say anything about one method being better than another. It will only spark a big controversy :)

Edit: I just want to say something real quick: Roux is extremely competitive with CFOP, and just as good. I don't want to start an argument, but just wanted to point that out(I use CFOP)

I know that developing it would be very easy as the resources are already there it just needs to be optimized for Roux. Also, my mistake for saying CFOP is way better than Roux. They both are very good and have great potential.

This will always give you a J perm, Y Perm, or a skip, at the cost having to use an extra alg. J perms and Y perms arent the fastest of CMLLs, so your making you have to do two algs without much benefit. And the skip chance doesnt really make up for it. Its better just to do 1 look CMLL.
I understand that diagonal or adjacent corner swap cases aren't the best as they can take long algorithms to do. A case of F sexy F' is way faster than Y or J perm. I kinda knew that because CMLL is used for the standard Roux method. I kinda feared the utility of COLS is more like VHLS in CFOP which is more useful for beginners that the more advanced.
Y perm is the worst cmll. The best last slot/corners method is TCMLL which has already been dismissed. Roux is probably already at its peak
I could see that Roux is at a peak as it is a very intuition-based method. I just want to benefit the method more as I see an opportunity. I am now fearing that COLS would be more like VHLS where it is useful just for beginners as a way to go around learning a full major subset which is bad for the long run.
The problem with this is that you'd have to rotate if you'd have an r U r' insert.
An interesting thing I guess. But I guess that those cases could have new algorithms to orient all corners.

Last edited:

DerpBoiMoon

YouTube
Visit Channel
i normally use CFOP and last night i watched jperms video on roux

i can do the 2 2x3 blocks, but i couldn't be bothered learning CMLL. so instead i did this:

solve 2 opposite cross edges

solve all f2l pairs

solve 2 remaining cross edges

OLL

PLL

would this be considered a roux subset? and are there any disadvantges to it? i could hget my normal times with it so should i switch?

Hazel

Premium Member
pro tip: just use CFOP
Really? It's okay to have opinions, but don't go into a "Roux Discussion and Help" thread and then give this kind of "advice". Please stop bashing people for doing what they find fun, it isn't hurting you.
EDIT: and if you were joking, add /s to the end of the message.

yeah I'm a bit salty, just getting really annoyed at the CFOP fanboys doing their thing

mukerflap

i can do the 2 2x3 blocks, but i couldn't be bothered learning CMLL. so instead i did this:

solve all f2l pairs

OLL

PLL

would this be considered a roux subset? and are there any disadvantges to it? i could hget my normal times with it so should i switch?
That's an objectively worse variant. If your having trouble with the blocks use kian mansours roux tutorial and cmll you can use jperm and sune

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really? It's okay to have opinions, but don't go into a "Roux Discussion and Help" thread and then give this kind of "advice". Please stop bashing people for doing what they find fun, it isn't hurting you.
EDIT: and if you were joking, add /s to the end of the message.

yeah I'm a bit salty, just getting really annoyed at the CFOP fanboys doing their thing
alright sorry, I'll delete the comment I said earlier. I honestly don't think people should convince people to use a different method on a discussion thread for a specific method. I just got mad when I saw someone do it on the CFOP discussion thread and wanted to get back.

solve all f2l pairs

OLL

PLL

CFOP would be much better then this. If you want to do roux, just do OLL + PLL with corners.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
i can make blocks fine its just i do not like cmll. oh well.

i see why its worse know. f2l edges could be stuck in the DB and also cross pieces might be flipped.

i do like solving the whole cross in cfop though, might lissten to @Micah Morrison 's "advice" tho

For CMLL you can use the OCLL algs for CFOP to orient corners, then T/J or Y to permute them. That's how to easily do 2-look CMLL, and it's what I do when I solve with Roux

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I really struggle with recoging the slash pi CMLLs for some reason. Of course its really easy to tell at a glance you have a slash case, but for me seeing which one it is and AUFing quickly is hard.

If you're using Kian's normal algs, then try moving the slash so it's top is on the right, then look where the headlights are. The AUF will already be done, so you can just do the alg

Etotheipi

If you're using Kian's normal algs, then try moving the slash so it's top is on the right, then look where the headlights are. The AUF will already be done, so you can just do the alg
Your late lol I found a method that works. I usee to use that method but it didn't work very well. And aren't I the one who first told you that recog method?