• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so after a bit of research I found lubixcubes website which denotes all the 7 Alg for orienting the yellows up then permitting the corners. So I'm now in the process of leartime to ning all the sexy moves and j/y perm. Next question though, is that the height of roux? Or are there algs which orient and perm at the same time?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the height of roux. But if you want one look corners then CMLL is what you're after.

Ok and just to clarify, will one look cmll orient and permits the corners at the same time? Or is it still a two part step with j and y perm at the end?

Ok next stupid question, I want to be able to practice my 2 looks, so is there a way to setup each of the 7 scenarios from a complete cube, or even from a corner oriented cube?

Hey all, I know this isn't a major jump or anything, but I went from around 2.5 minutes - 3 minutes solves down to 1:44 avg solve time. Massive jump for me, I need to clean up my 2LCMLL and my block building is goddamn woeful. My LSE is bad ish, really depends on the set up i get, but I'm getting a little bit better, i know most of it roughly, so I need to fine tune a lot. I'm pretty close to breaking my end of year goal already though, sub 1:30 avg by dec 31st midnight :D

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all, I know this isn't a major jump or anything, but I went from around 2.5 minutes - 3 minutes solves down to 1:44 avg solve time. Massive jump for me, I need to clean up my 2LCMLL and my block building is goddamn woeful. My LSE is bad ish, really depends on the set up i get, but I'm getting a little bit better, i know most of it roughly, so I need to fine tune a lot. I'm pretty close to breaking my end of year goal already though, sub 1:30 avg by dec 31st midnight :D
nice! seems like you still have a lot of time, perhaps sub 1:00 should be your new goal.

nice! seems like you still have a lot of time, perhaps sub 1:00 should be your new goal.
Yeah! I mean my best time so far is 1:11 But that was a 2LCMLL skip lol. Dont know how but finished block building and they were set. Could have been a bad scramble. But yeah while I definitely need to work on everything, my block building and LSE are the two main things atm. My 2LCMLL is good for the time being (I average about 15-30 seconds depending on the Alg and if I'd i do it right the first time) but my block building is around 40 seconds minimum and my LSE is somewhat blind lol. I just slice till I get the arrow. So I know I need to work on the cases and actually learn that because I could chunk 15 seconds easily doing that. My UR and UL is ok but I occasionally get a weird set up which ends with them being in the wrong spot, so I need to learn that aswell which could save me a few seconds.

All in all I'm loving speedcubing and Roux, and if I'd i can get to 30 seconds by Dec 31 next year I'll be super happy.

WCA
2017OSTD02
I've been playing around with roux for a couple days and did ~20 timed solves today, averaged around 35 seconds. I want to get around sub 20 eventually and need advice on what to work on.
blocks: I'm terrible at blockbuilding so I usually end up solving f2b with f2l pairs, any specific strategies to get better at blockbuilding?
cmll: I'm just using 2 look, is that good enough for sub 20? I don't feel like full cmll is worth it because I'm still going to main cfop, would learning coll be better than 2 look cmll?
lse: rn I do intuitive eo, solve ul+ur, then solve with 3-cycles. Should I learn full eolr, or just algorithmic eo?
Sorry for so many questions :p

xyzzy

cmll: I'm just using 2 look, is that good enough for sub 20? I don't feel like full cmll is worth it because I'm still going to main cfop, would learning coll be better than 2 look cmll?
(Disclaimer: I'm much slower at Roux than the other big four methods.) COLL is better than 2-look CMLL and it also helps in your CFOP solves, but there are a couple of CLL cases that are way better when you don't have to care about EO, like F R U R' U' F'. (You'll probably figure out which CMLL-specific algs are worth learning as you get through COLL; bad COLL algs sometimes get a bit better when you can destroy EO.)

Hazel

Premium Member
I'm practicing Roux, I average about 22 seconds, and I know I really need to improve my FB. Here's a time list for a FB average of 12:
avg of 12: 5.64
Time List:
1. (1.73)
2. 3.79
3. 4.80
4. 6.68
5. 5.46
6. 7.65
7. 7.12
8. 5.47
9. 5.83
10. (14.45)
11. 3.91
12. 5.65

and the move count list, respectively:

What First Block move count should I shoot for getting under every solve? I can do any first block as long as white or yellow is on the bottom (is this x2 y neutral?)

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm practicing Roux, I average about 22 seconds, and I know I really need to improve my FB. Here's a time list for a FB average of 12:
avg of 12: 5.64
Time List:
1. (1.73)
2. 3.79
3. 4.80
4. 6.68
5. 5.46
6. 7.65
7. 7.12
8. 5.47
9. 5.83
10. (14.45)
11. 3.91
12. 5.65

and the move count list, respectively:

What First Block move count should I shoot for getting under every solve? I can do any first block as long as white or yellow is on the bottom (is this x2 y neutral?)
Try to get your first block done in under 4 seconds. Splits for sub-20 should be around 4-6-4-6 or similar. Yeah that's called white/yellow neutrality. I see that some of your first blocks are fairly inefficient, so I suggest using the block trainer to improve efficiency. You should aim for a movecount that is under 10 every time.