• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
This will have been overlooked due to the 1:47, but congrats to Christopher Yen for joining the short short list of cubers who have beaten Faz in 3x3 finals, at WCCT-Fresno.

EDIT: Unrelated, Max Hilliard missed WR 3BLD mean by .01 at Mental Breakdown as well.

Last edited:
D

Daniel Lin

Just found out today that f2 R D R' f2 R D' R D R2 is just the mirror of the inverse of r2' F r U' r U2' R' F R U2'. I thought they were separate algs xd

Also, rewriting T-perm + twist gives J-perm :O
r U' r U2' R' F R U2' r2' F
r U' R U2' r' F r U2' R'r' F

Mind blown

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I just got my x-man skewb and I love it! anyone have lube tipe for it?
Based off of what I have experienced I would say to use a thicker lube, since (for me at least) if I use a runnier lube like the DNM-37 it seem to disipate really fast, and I find that I have to relube it every 25-45 solves. But if I use a thicker lube like the SCS galaxy/Traxxas 50k then that lasts much longer, and I do not have to lube my Wingy Skewb as often as I do with the DNM-37.

auienrst

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask, but:

Do you know a page like https://www.puzzlerank.com/puzzle-ratings ? The site is currently down, and Wayback Machine doesn't have that page archived :(

It was a list of a lot of puzzles (a lot), with difficulty ranking. There were classic twisty puzzles, crazy unicorn, eitan star, bermuda, geranium...
If anyone has made a back-up, or something equivalent, that would be great.