• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

brododragon

Why does my 2x2 look like this and turn so terribly:09E42E96-1A1F-4331-883A-0D67156B5591.jpeg
I was messing with the tensions a while ago and it got all weird so I decided to take apart and I lost a screw. I thought it wasn't that bad because I need a new one anyway. While trying to put it back together, I broke a piece. Fast forward a few months, and I superglue the piece back together and use a extra spring from my huanglong on my 2x2. Now it turns terribly and looks weird.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Why does my 2x2 look like this and turn so terribly:View attachment 11627
I was messing with the tensions a while ago and it got all weird so I decided to take apart and I lost a screw. I thought it wasn't that bad because I need a new one anyway. While trying to put it back together, I broke a piece. Fast forward a few months, and I superglue the piece back together and use a extra spring from my huanglong on my 2x2. Now it turns terribly and looks weird.

cuz ur 2x2 sucks :p

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why does my 2x2 look like this and turn so terribly:View attachment 11627
Probably because you hodgepodged pieces together and hardware from different cubes. At this point just buy another cube, less hassle than trying to repair it at this point. Buying a new one will also give you a better product than trying to salvage this cube

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Probably because you hodgepodged pieces together and hardware from different cubes. At this point just buy another cube, less hassle than trying to repair it at this point. Buying a new one will also give you a better product than trying to salvage this cube
Agreed. I recommend the Valk 2, or if you're looking for something more budget, the MGC and the YuPo v2M are great. The little magic is ultra budget, and isn't as reliable.

brododragon

Ya. I just need a working 2x2. I cut down the spring a bit and it works way better (still trash, but usable). I'm getting a new 2x2 on my birthday.
Agreed. I recommend the Valk 2, or if you're looking for something more budget, the MGC and the YuPo v2M are great. The little magic is ultra budget, and isn't as reliable.
Go for the valk or the tengyun, they budgets aren't much cheaper than flagships
Some people prefer the MGC and I personally like a snappy feel. I'm probably going to get the MGC.
cuz ur 2x2 sucks :p
Well, I got it on Amazon in a "speedcube kit", so...

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
An edge has 2 main contact points, touching two corners. A corner has 3 main contact points, touching 3 edges. Put magnets underneath all the main contact points, then when you finish a turn, all the magnet corner-edge pairs will attract (24 pairs) which keeps the cube stabilised and less likely to overturn.

magiccreator

This was a link to the tutorial for making a custom magic, it doesn't work anymore.
. I just need the measurments to make it in gimp. Can someone help?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, it sponsors a major competition (Southern Champs 2020) and its listed as the sponsor on the competition website. It's also a good sign that their promo is watermarked with Picube.

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do the cores of any modern or even pre-modern cubes compare to those of the old v cube brand?

I have a white v cube 7, that is just missing a core. I can't remember how I lost it or if i got it in a trade without the core but yeah lol.

Basically looking to put it back together and have a vintage 7x7. I dont think I can just use any old core and I figure I will need to buy screws as well.. Probably not doable but I figured I would ask!

EvanTheCuber

Hey Guys, can you guys tell me how to loosen my GAN 356XS? Thanks. Can you also tell me what all the tools are for? Thanks

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are "premium" cubes worth it? For example, is the Angstrom Gan XS worth $10 more than the factory Gan XS? (Not that I'm thinking about buying one, I'm just curious if it's worth the extra $10.)
I bought my 3x3 and 4x4 from cubicle and paid the extra $5-$6 for them to tension and lube it. I would recommend it. You're already spending money on something nice so might as well make it worth it if you can.

JTM007

Hey guys. Just bought a moyu gts3m and I love it but it's so loud. Any tips on how to make it not so loud?