• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Silverback

This one's easy. You can turn the upper layer 45 degrees then take the edge piece and twist and pull at the same time. Watch a cube video and they often take the cube apart. It's the same for all speed cubes.

But... The Yuexiao is the easiest cube to tension when the cube is completely assembled! Just take the center caps off and look at the screw heads. Notice that the rim of the screw head comes exactly to the same height as the rim of the plastic piece that the screw goes down into. (hard to explain. Just look and you'll see. )

Let me know how it goes.
That doesn't work with my Yue Xiao. My tensions might be a little tighter than yours. But due to the antipop mechanism it doesn't come apart.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
That doesn't work with my Yue Xiao. My tensions might be a little tighter than yours. But due to the antipop mechanism it doesn't come apart.
Okay so this tells me that your tensions are too tight. I recommend loosening it to the tensions I described and then try to take it apart. You'll want to take the screws out anyway to lube the hardware, though. There are some great video tutorials on YouTube. Hope this helps!

Silverback

Sorry, that didn't help at all. I didn't ask for help regarding tensions or lubing. I asked for a way to disassemble the cube without loosening the screws.
These newer cubes' antipop mechanisms make it really hard to take them apart.
Here's what I did: I loosened one screw by 360 degrees. That was enough to get a piece out. When I reassembled the cube, I had to loosen the screw by another 360 degrees to get the last piece back in. In the end I tightened the screw by 720 degrees. Seems to have worked out just fine.

I'm new to the forums, so I'm not quite sure if this should go in the hardware section....but I plan to buy a guoguan(I'm a sub-20 solver), and are the stickers on the guoguan good? I know it hasnt been out long, so if anyone has chipped stickers already could they let me know? My cubes have all been stickerless.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm new to the forums, so I'm not quite sure if this should go in the hardware section....but I plan to buy a guoguan(I'm a sub-20 solver), and are the stickers on the guoguan good? I know it hasnt been out long, so if anyone has chipped stickers already could they let me know? My cubes have all been stickerless.
The GuoGuan stickers are very good. I replaced mine with my own shades, but when I did, I noticed the stock stickers were pretty heavy duty.

D

Daniel Lin

Corner broke

Is this a problem?

Attachments

• 1480814735047121842119.jpg
    1480814735047121842119.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 12
D

Daniel Lin

That is absolutely a problem ...... Unless..... You may be able to super glue the piece back on there until you get a new corner. I've done that in a pinch. I wish you the best. Which puzzle was it?
Qiyi Thunderclap

it still turns fine, i'm just scared there might be problems later. others corners could also break

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, old cuber here, I am trying to find out what 4x4 this cube is. http://imgur.com/a/sasxN

Also is the Yuxin 4x4 the best right now?
That's a Moyu AoSu. I have the same one in white. It's many people's favorite. But the Yuxin Blue 4x4 (not the "Yuxin 4x4") has convinced many cubers to adopt it as their new main after a Thunderclap V2 spring swap. However, QiYi just released the Wuque, and it's taking the 4x4 event to a whole new level. In fact, I would recommend the QiYi Wuque, but I haven't received mine in the mail yet. But after seeing pictures of the mechanism, and seeing all the videos, I'm pretty confident that it'll kill my AoSu and Yuxin Blue.
I also have a Cyclone Boys G4 stickerless and I really like it, too. I had to sand down all the flash, break it in, and do a spring swap before it got good and now it's my favorite 60mm 4x4.
In summary, skip Yuxin and go for the QiYi Wuque.

I am planning to buy Valk 3, weilong Square 1 and Moyu magnetic skewb.

I know that zcube sticker has a valk fitting sticker but I cant find weilong square 1's sticker

Does Zcube Square 1 sticker fits on the weilong square 1?

and does the Standard Moyu skewb fits on the moyu magnetic skewb?

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I am planning to buy Valk 3, weilong Square 1 and Moyu magnetic skewb.

I know that zcube sticker has a valk fitting sticker but I cant find weilong square 1's sticker

Does Zcube Square 1 sticker fits on the weilong square 1?

and does the Standard Moyu skewb fits on the moyu magnetic skewb?
If I remember correctly, the QiYi Squan is 55mm cubic, and the Weilong Squan is 54x54x56mm. Since the QiYi has really been the only 'good' squan until recently, I'd expect standard squan stickers to be fitted for it... So I don't think they'd fit the Weilong.
That's not to say they wouldn't work, they just might look a little wonky.

As for the skewb, TheCubicle lists their standard MoYu skewb stickers for both MoYu's normal and magnetic skewb, so I don't think there should be a problem.

rumarfer28

Why the weilong (gts) 2x2 comes in stickerless but the 3x3 don't, and the guoguan 2x2 doesn't come in stickerless but the 3x3 does? It's very hard to understand and for people who collect whole series of cubes (in stickerless version) this is very annoying.

Last edited: