• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noah's Blindfolded Tutorial

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really glad you tried to explain it in terms of sticker location instead of colour scheme. For those expecting the tips to get sub2 this isn't the vid. But there are still some helpful stuff in there even if you can already bld with M2+OP.

Video 4 is about memo and video 5 is tips for sub-2, so those should be more useful to people who already know BLD.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Part 5 is out! Tutorial done! I had a lot of fun making this, and hopefully it helped some people with their BLD goals. Thanks for all the support and help I've received along the way. It really wouldn't be nearly as good without some of your suggestions and comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

flee135

WCA
2008LEEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks so much for making these! They've really inspired me to do BLD solves again, and I've been doing a ton recently (at least by my standards). Hopefully I'll see improvements soon.

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I watched over half of part 5. Now I have to stop (to go to sleep). When I stopped you were just starting talking about advanced m2. Can you give me a quick explanation? Thanks. I will finish watching tomorrow but I am curious. And I will have little time tomorrow.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I watched over half of part 5. Now I have to stop (to go to sleep). When I stopped you were just starting talking about advanced m2. Can you give me a quick explanation? Thanks. I will finish watching tomorrow but I am curious. And I will have little time tomorrow.

Do setup moves to give yourself easier cycles, take advantage of simple cancellations.

cubizh

WCA
2014GOME07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congratulations on your tutorial. It's very helpful and detailed, and it tackles the goals you set out from the start.
The only slight problem with actually any blind tutorial is the fact that it sort of forces the user to either adopt your cube orientation or take an extra step of mapping the orientation shown to their own, which for a beginner can be somewhat of an issue. Of course this is something is very difficult to do, unless one makes 24 different versions of the same thing, which is highly unfeasible.
But overall, it's a nice series and it's always highly commendable taking the time to help others and contribute to the demystification of blindfolded events. Thank you.

Dimeg

very nice explanation on the memory method. I always thought I could do a pure memo by tapping on the cube. I will give it another shot using your letterscheme!

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks so much Noah! This tutorial is the best, it is clear and explains everything very well. Memo was really easy with your tutorial and you teaching an advanced method (M2) from the start is really awesome, so that I don't need to learn another method really soon.
Just got my first success yesterday, and I really like BLD now!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks so much Noah! This tutorial is the best, it is clear and explains everything very well. Memo was really easy with your tutorial and you teaching an advanced method (M2) from the start is really awesome, so that I don't need to learn another method really soon.
Just got my first success yesterday, and I really like BLD now!

Good to hear!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
how long did you actually take to get fast (how fast did you get fast)? Also, when did you learn 3-style?

My first success was in January 2012. I started 3-style around May of 2012, and then I got my first NR (41.96) in December of 2012. I wasn't averaging anywhere near 30 until last Summer or so.

I would say that I got fast by practicing and attacking my weaknesses.

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
My first success was in January 2012. I started 3-style around May of 2012, and then I got my first NR (41.96) in December of 2012. I wasn't averaging anywhere near 30 until last Summer or so.

I would say that I got fast by practicing and attacking my weaknesses.

At what speed were you when you started 3-style (May 2012)?
Thanks again for your amazing tutorials. You are a great teacher and an inspiration for BLD!

Borislav

WCA
2012MARC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, Noah!
Took me 2 years to learn how to switch between the cycles. :) Yeah, I know it's a long time, but I'm the only one who is able to solve the cube in my country and I was trying to figure the things out by myself... I finally got it with your great tutorials!
Best regards,
Bobby