• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noah's Blindfolded Tutorial

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Guys! The five parts of my new 3BLD tutorial will be coming out over the next five Wednesdays on the Cubing World channel. My goal with this tutorial is to provide people with a strong base in memorization that can take them to sub-2 without having to change any techniques. I hope this gets more people interested in blindsolving, because it's not very difficult but very fun and satisfying. Enjoy!

I have reorganized the tutorial entirely and uploaded the new second video. I think it's a lot better.

[youtubehd]cRaf-dvamTE[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]JJWl-FDetWE[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]o49SnZhr2oM[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]wAbY66g-oNU[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]y32L_eLUong[/youtubehd]

Last edited by a moderator:

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm gonna give you half the million thanks before watching the video and the other half later :D

Edit: Just watched it. People, watch it, Noah does CFOP there!

Thanks for focusing on memorization, I feel is my weak spot as most of my DNFs are like "where were I"

Last edited:

omer

Just finished watching it, it's great. It's nice watching someone talk about the same color and lettering scheme as I use :)

The trick at 10:00 is something that I also used as a beginner and I use it to teach my friends.

randomtypos

Super excited.

I totally agree about your thing about memo. I've been BLDing for some months now and I still feel very disorganized when I memorize. I look forward to learning from your videos.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think you should wait a week per episode. I wanna learn how to do it now.

Sorry about this. That is how series work on Cubing World. It would not be fair to the subscribers who aren't interested in BLD to have a whole bunch of BLD videos in a row. I think that each video will give people enough things to practice so that they don't have nothing to do until the next one comes out.

omer

I don't think you should wait a week per episode. I wanna learn how to do it now.
You could practice the color and lettering scheme until then, here's 2 ways you could practice:
1) Scramble the cube, look at the DF sticker of the DF edge. Use Noahaha's explanation to name the letter of that sticker and try to see where it needs to go. Where it needs to go there will be another sticker on another edge. Do the same thing to that edge and repeat until you stumble upon the DF edge (in this video's color scheme it will be red-green), at this point just scramble the cube again. This is good practice before you learn M2 (this tutorial's edge solving method) where you need to do something similar while memorizing.
Do the same thing with the corners using the UBL sticker on the UBL corner.

2) Take you cube apart, mix up the pieces, take one random piece and pick a random sticker. Try to name the letter of that sticker as fast as you can. This is an important skill you'll need later to get faster.

etshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
I already know the basics of BLD and I can do sub3 minute solves pretty consistently. I'm looking forward to the complete tutorial to help me improve :D

how long did it take you to be a sub 3 ? I started bld a month ago and I avergae 5 mins using M2/OP :/
also what memory method do you use ?