• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noah's 3-Style Tutorial

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Korbinification
Part 9:
4:20 - imo this is not the best way because it involves cube rotations. I would suggest U' R' U [U R U', r2] U' R U.
6:00 - very nonoptimal! It is A9! r' [D2, r' U2 r] r
(You probably should mention this type of commutator).
Part 10 - ok :)

Well, maybe I look like a pedant and bore because express only remarks and correction, but that only means that I think the rest part is good :)
You videos are cool, hope somebody will learn 3-style with them (not me, sorry :p).

WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
NoahCubes
Thread starter #42
Part 9:
4:20 - imo this is not the best way because it involves cube rotations. I would suggest U' R' U [U R U', r2] U' R U.
6:00 - very nonoptimal! It is A9! r' [D2, r' U2 r] r
(You probably should mention this type of commutator).
Part 10 - ok :)

Well, maybe I look like a pedant and bore because express only remarks and correction, but that only means that I think the rest part is good :)
You videos are cool, hope somebody will learn 3-style with them (not me, sorry :p).
Thanks for the comments. I've never actually tried to make my wing algs fast; I've only ever tried to be able to do them automatically, so that's why some of them are very bad.

I know I'm not the best person for making big BLD videos since I have very little experience with it, but I felt like I had to make them for the sake of completion.

YouTube
etshy1991
Thanks for the comments. I've never actually tried to make my wing algs fast; I've only ever tried to be able to do them automatically, so that's why some of them are very bad.

I know I'm not the best person for making big BLD videos since I have very little experience with it, but I felt like I had to make them for the sake of completion.
I know I'm still slow on memorization , but OP for corners made me sick , so I tried BH just for fun , and surprisingly after watching your videos of pure commutators , I figured it out , and I made my own algorithms , and I used prisma puzzle timer to generate OP corners to practice
the fun part is that I only made algorithms for 1 sticker ( as you said ) but I'm able to solve 85% of cases that I see for the first time :D
I absolutely switching to BH corners , not for speed , because I still suck @ memo ( 2 mins memo ) but because it's so much fun
Your tutorials are the best , I just started BLD 3 weeks ago , my times went from 10 mins to 4 mins , it's just a shame I started cubing only 6 months ago ( I'm 22 years ) and I'm in senior year in college , if only I have enough time :(
You're Great man , and congrats on the NAR :)

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
TheUnknownCuber
I just wanna check I understood correctly: 3 Example solves from me

R2 U F2 L2 B2 F2 D' B2 L2 D' U B' D2 F2 R B2 U2 R U' R F2

7'/12 (solving 2 edges into opposite positions)

Edges:
[U R' U', M2]
[U' M2 U, R]
x' [M' U' M, D2]
[R E R', D'] x
x [M, D' L2 D] x'
x2 [L U L' U', M] x2

Corners:

y x' [R2 U R2 U' R2, D] x y'
y' [R' F' R2 F R, U'] y
[D L' D', R']
U [R D' R', U] U'

Parity: D F2 Y-perm F2 D' (cancellations obviously)

Looking back at that solve, I could have solved other edges to opposite positions since there were U layer edges in the U layer in incorrect positions already...

F2 D2 L F2 D2 L2 R D2 L D2 B2 F' L F2 R2 U B2 D' F2 L'

8/10'

Edges:
y [D, M' U2 M] y'
R' U [M', U2] U' R
F x2 y' [R' U R U', M'] y x2 F'
y' z' [M', B' R B] z y
x [U L U', M] x'
Flip BD with Buffer however you want to

Corners:
y x R2 [D2, R U R'] R2 x' y'
y2 [R' F' R2 F R, U2] y2
[D L' D', R']
y' [U R2 U', L']

D2 R2 U2 L2 U B2 D U2 R2 B2 U R B' F2 D' L B F2 L B2

9/12 (2 edges into opposite positions)

Edges:
y' [R E R', D] y
y [M', U L2 U'] y'
U2 x L' U' L U M' U' L' U l x' U2
[D2, M]
R U' [M', U2] U R'
R' U' [M' U2] U R

Corners:

y' x' [R2 U R2 U' R2, D'] x y
U2 R2 x [R U R', D2] x' R2 U2
R [R D' R', U] R'
x [R' D2 R, U'] x'

Parity: R Y-perm R'

There are obviously cancellations in all the solves. Parity in solves 1 and 3

Did I understand the tutorial correctly?