• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help with tredges?

stuffrox88

Err...well....i started learning the 5x5 about a week ago. i learned how to do the centers really easily. however, when i got to the pairing up tredges, i didnt understand a thing. would anybody care to help? i also checked the other websites and i didnt help much unfortunately.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is there not to get? Find the two outer parts of the tredges(wings), pair them together then insert the center edge. You could also just find the center edge and look for the wings and place them next to the center edge.

builder318

I used this guys videos to learn the 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6.

I find his videos relatively simple and yet detailed!

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9z4gF3QDc

If you already know how to solve the 4x4 then it should be fairly easy. If not, I suggest you learn the 4x4 before the 5x5 :)

Last edited:

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I learned 5x5 first and sort figured it out it not hard use Rr and Ll or Uu Dd to pair up edge flip the edge or get another solve centres repeat to last two edges not hard

Pete the Geek

I used this guys videos to learn the 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6.

I find his videos relatively simple and yet detailed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9z4gF3QDc
I think the "beginners" 5x5 method that RobH0629 shows is easy to grasp and is a great place to start, especially if you're having trouble.

That's an interesting technique - it looks like he is forming tredges on both the split and the join! Do you know the name of it? For a beginner, I think this might be a bit challenging, but it sure is efficient.