• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Finger Tricks Discussion and Help

maticuber

WCA
2009MACA01
How do u do m moves oh
Table abusing is one way, you can also put your pink on DBR, thumb on FBL, index in BL, middle finger in BLD and push the M slice with your ring finger to do an M', is only really useful in some algs.

You can also change some algs (RU Z perm is really nice for OH for example).

Kaneki Uchiha

Table abusing is one way, you can also put your pink on DBR, thumb on FBL, index in BL, middle finger in BLD and push the M slice with your ring finger to do an M', is only really useful in some algs.

You can also change some algs (RU Z perm is really nice for OH for example).
I’m talking about roux oh
So the only way is table abuse?

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
There's a lot of "special" OH fingertricks Roux people are using. The ones I know of are:
  • eido U2'
  • eido U2
  • eido R2'
  • table R2
  • table S
  • table M'
  • table M (with ring on FD)
  • table M (with index on BU)
  • table M2' (pinky-middle)
  • M' (with ring and without table)
  • S'
  • pinky S
  • E
  • E'
  • B moves using f moves and z rotations
  • B moves (from neutral)
  • B' moves (from neutral)
Here's a video by Antonio Kam where he shows most of these fingertricks.
I also want to note that this is not a comprehensive list, though maybe we could create one on the wiki.

There's a lot of "special" OH fingertricks Roux people are using. The ones I know of are:
  • eido U2'
  • eido U2
  • eido R2'
  • table R2
  • table S
  • table M'
  • table M (with ring on FD)
  • table M (with index on BU)
  • table M2' (pinky-middle)
  • M' (with ring and without table)
  • S'
  • pinky S
  • E
  • E'
  • B moves using f moves and z rotations
  • B moves (from neutral)
  • B' moves (from neutral)
Here's a video by Antonio Kam where he shows most of these fingertricks.
I also want to note that this is not a comprehensive list, though maybe we could create one on the wiki.
sounds like a good idea who'll make the page?

I'd be willing to, though we need to find out how to structure the page. My suggestion would be to have a central fingertricks category with finger tricks for each puzzle and solving variety (2x2, 3x3, big cubes, oh, feet etc.).
Yeah, my suggestion is to have a big page called 3x3 Fingertricks with sections that cover separate method's fingertricks because every method is different for eg Roux's special fingertrick that you showed. Or another suggestion is to have two separate pages, one will be called 3x3 TH and another one will be called 3x3 OH because there are a lot of finger tricks and sentences that may not fit in a page.

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, my suggestion is to have a big page called 3x3 Fingertricks with sections that cover separate method's fingertricks because every method is different for eg Roux's special fingertrick that you showed. Or another suggestion is to have two separate pages, one will be called 3x3 TH and another one will be called 3x3 OH because there are a lot of finger tricks and sentences that may not fit in a page.
I'm not sure whether there really need to be subsections for each method since there's a lot of overlap most of these fingertricks can be useful for other methods as well (e.g. eidos for general solving, M moves for H and Z perms, B moves for Cross and EOLine, etc.)

Kaneki Uchiha

I'm not sure whether there really need to be subsections for each method since there's a lot of overlap most of these fingertricks can be useful for other methods as well (e.g. eidos for general solving, M moves for H and Z perms, B moves for Cross and EOLine, etc.)
Make it like this divide it into 3x3 4x4 etc
And then subdivide into oh and 2h

brododragon

rotate? I thought you just have to regrip and do some stuffs. I don't know how you flick the S slice with your middle finger it's kind of awkward. also thanks.
You read it all wrong. I said use pointer for S, and do E with middle finger. The 45 degree z isn't necessary, but it makes it easy. And, there's no regrips with the 45 degree z. Also, the thanks was because my dumb keyboard suggested it and I accidently clicked it.

You read it all wrong. I said use pointer for S, and do E with middle finger. The 45 degree z isn't necessary, but it makes it easy. And, there's no regrips with the 45 degree z. Also, the thanks was because my dumb keyboard suggested it and I accidently clicked it.
Ooof mistyped, I met how do you flick the s slice with your index finger is it by tightening the home grip and then do the s move?

how do you execute this G perm at least sub 2 o_O (R2 F2 R U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U 'R' F R2) So many F2s and U2s, my time with them is around 2-3 secs which absolutely crushes the solve that have them.