• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

xyzzy

I've just found out that Cube Solve Hero has done a better and more comprehensive 4x4 reassembly tutorial - it sounds from his opening that he'll be doing bigger cubes too:

There are some comments beneath video that aren't happy with this technique but I should reiterate that this method is for those who have struggled with getting the internal pieces in place without it imploding on itself.

Meanwhile, I received my first 6x6 (and 7x7) recently and plan to see how quickly I can reassemble the non-magnetic 6x6 with the same technique (if it is indeed possible to do the same thing).
Oh hey that's pretty much the same as my method.

zslane

I tried taking out an edge piece, but it won't come out, and I'm afraid of breaking the puzzle if I apply any more force. Is there some trick to it?

zslane

Yeah, that's what I was doing. The edges just won't come out. I'm not sure what else to try.

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually done it with an MS 3M.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, that's what I was doing. The edges just won't come out. I'm not sure what else to try.

I understand the underlying premise of your post. While i wouldn't describe the feeling as "tight" when solving, when attempting to disassemble mine it feels "extremely tight." I planned on lubing a few cubes last weekend but just skipped the MS all together because it just felt wrong and on the verge of breaking trying to use the "standard method" of disassembly.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Loosen the tensions (loosen the screw under one of the center caps) on one side, then try again with the edge.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Turn layer 45 degrees, pull down on F2L pair underneath edge to loosen, then twist edge 45 degrees in position, then pull out. If it’s too tight, try loosening one side. And keep jiggling.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, if it was just the cap, then you can very easily just snap in back into the center.
If the center piece itself became unscrewed, then you can pull off the cap and screw it back into the core. If this is the case, some of the edges and corners will probably have fallen out too, so make sure to assemble them into a solved state first, to make sure that you don't give yourself any unsolvable parity.

That's all assuming that you are referring to a 3x3. If this is a big cube (4x4+) then you can probably just push it back into it's corresponding space. I think we would need more information, such as a picture, before we could proceed with any more specific advice though.

SenorJuan

I think he means getting the curved triangular pieces screwed in correctly. I've never taken one apart, so can't offer much advice. But I would assume there would be some locating pegs/sockets that prevent you inserting the triangular part the wrong orientation ?

Here's a photo that may give you a starting point:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Unassembled_Rubik's_Revenge.JPG

Edit: I've just taken a closer look at that photo, and realised that example is not screwed together, maybe just clipped in, or clips and glue ? My one was definitely screwed together.

Last edited: