• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

eyeoh

If everything is too tight, loosen the screws on the core a little.

But as mentioned above, pay very close attention to Cube Solve Hero's 4x4 assembly video:
(this section, along with the rest of it).

You have to keep building "walls" so you can slot internal pieces in, and use plenty of tape. You don't actually need to use any lube for 4x4 assembly - those who suggest it refer to the initial stages of building the core, but building a core with fingers is unnecessary if you first use the pieces to form the base.

The video I happened to make a few weeks before Cube Solve Hero's vid (which I posted earlier) also shows a very similar technique - Cube Solve Hero actually does it better, but my method was largely the same and also different to the prior techniques found on YouTube. Please excuse my caffeinated hands:

Also try this series of instructions I made for 6x6 reassembly (which is more difficult than 4x4 assembly, but not too much more):
Failing all that, you might need to record a video of the section you're having specific difficulty with. Don't add any more lube - it only makes things too slippery to handle.

eyeoh

Yep, that's a good tutorial too. Internal pieces go in *after* a layer is in place. The rest of it is just the same process of adding pieces followed by adding internals. The very end might be a little tricky, but it's still the same and then it ends with a process that's similar to fixing a pop (taking care not to punch any internal pieces out of place).

4x4 is exactly the same process, but simpler. No need to use lube as "glue" with this method.

Thumbprint

I was doing a 7x7 session, and an outer center piece popped out of the cube. I looked up how to fix pops on youtube but I could only really find how to reassemble and disassemble cubes, and I think disassembling my whole cube for 1 piece is a bit overkill.

Sub1Hour

I was doing a 7x7 session, and an outer center piece popped out of the cube. I looked up how to fix pops on youtube but I could only really find how to reassemble and disassemble cubes, and I think disassembling my whole cube for 1 piece is a bit overkill.
Just take out some of the edges and then put the center in, its not very hard to put one center peice back in if you just pull out a couple to access the spot a little easier.