• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Disassembly and Assembly Thread

xyzzy

I've just found out that Cube Solve Hero has done a better and more comprehensive 4x4 reassembly tutorial - it sounds from his opening that he'll be doing bigger cubes too:

There are some comments beneath video that aren't happy with this technique but I should reiterate that this method is for those who have struggled with getting the internal pieces in place without it imploding on itself.

Meanwhile, I received my first 6x6 (and 7x7) recently and plan to see how quickly I can reassemble the non-magnetic 6x6 with the same technique (if it is indeed possible to do the same thing).
Oh hey that's pretty much the same as my method.

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, if it was just the cap, then you can very easily just snap in back into the center.
If the center piece itself became unscrewed, then you can pull off the cap and screw it back into the core. If this is the case, some of the edges and corners will probably have fallen out too, so make sure to assemble them into a solved state first, to make sure that you don't give yourself any unsolvable parity.

That's all assuming that you are referring to a 3x3. If this is a big cube (4x4+) then you can probably just push it back into it's corresponding space. I think we would need more information, such as a picture, before we could proceed with any more specific advice though.