• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Curvy Copter Discussion(New)

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I made a simple algorithm set of top 4 triangles of the last layer:

TheDubDubJr

Cupcake
WCA
2011WELC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here is a video of a sub-2 Curvy Copter Average with Jumbling and Cubeshape!

Let see if you can pick up on some of my tricks I have been figuring out in the last week! :)

Generated By csTimer on 2020-01-26
avg of 5: 1:57.11

Time List:
1. (1:38.47)
2. (2:38.71)
3. 2:01.18
4. 1:56.76
5. 1:53.38

Scramble is in the Description of the video.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Is there a updated Curvy Coter tutorial, that walks through all the steps, from the beginning to end? I watched RedKB's, but I was just curious if there is a new one from the last year or so.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Where can I find a Curvy Copter scrambler? I can't find one on CSTimer, and I looked all over the forums and Google for one, but I can't find it.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I found that, but I'm looking for one that'll jumble, if it exists.

TheDubDubJr

Cupcake
WCA
2011WELC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea the Thread Kit linked is pretty nice for Jumbling Scrambles through Python.

I also have only done ~20 non-jumbling solves (and 150 Jumbling solves), but my best non-jumbling solve is this.

(43.96) BL DR FL BR DR FR DB UB DR DB BR UF DR DB FR UL BL UB FL UR BR UL BL UF FL DR UB DB DR DL UR UB UF DF BR DB UB BR UR BL

I don't have a sub-1 Ao5 though. Just a good single.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
PB single and ao5!
avg of 5: 1:54.38

Time List:
1. (1:33.43) 1 UL UF UL UB UL UF UB UR UB UR UF UR UF UR LB RF UR UF UL RF UF UR UF UR UB UL UB LB RB UB UR UF LF UF UL UF UR UB UL UF RB UB DF DR RF UR UB DR RF+ DL+ DF RF- DL- RF DL UF+ LB+ UL UF- LB- UF UR LB UB+ RF+ UR UB- RF- RF DR LB+ DR+ DB LB- DR- DL UR+ DB+ RB UR- DB- UL+ DB+2 DR RF-2 DB
2. 1:53.07 2 UF UR UF UB UR UL UB UL UF UB UR UB UR UB UL UF LB RF UF UR UL UB RF UF UR UL UF LB RF UF RB UR UF UL UF UR UB LF UL LF UL UF LF UF UR RB DB DL LB DL DR RB UB DB UB- LF- UL UB+ LF+ UF+ LB+ UL UF- LB- UL+ RB+ UB UL- RB- LB RF+ DL+ DF RF- DL- UF+ LB+ UL UF- LB- LB DL UR+ LF+ UF UR- LF- UL UB UF+ DR+ RF UF- DR- UL- RF- UF UL+ RF+ UR UR+ UF UR+2 UB+2 LF- UL+ UB+ UL UB RB DF DR+ DB+2 DR DB DR+2 DB+ RB DB RB+ DR+2 RB- DF
3. 1:58.10 3 UR UL UF UR UB UL UF UB UL UF UR UF UR LB UL UF UB UR UF RF UR UF UL UB UL LB UL UF RB UR UF UL UF UR RB UB LF UF UR UB UR DL LF DF DL DR UB- LF- UL UB+ LF+ UF+ LB+ UL UF- LB- RF+ DL+ DF RF- DL- DR RB+ DF+ DR RB- DF- DF DL UF+ LB+ UL UF- LB- UF UR+ LF+ UF UR- LF- UR LF UR+ LF+ UF UR- LF- UF+ DR+ RF UF- DR- DF UF+ UL UF+2 LB DR+2 DF DR DF+
4. 1:51.97 4 UB UR UL UF UR UL UB UR UB UL UB UL UB LB UL UB UR UL UB UL UF LB RF UF RB UB UR LB LF UL UF UB UR LB RB UB RB DL DB LB DL DR RB UL- RF- UF UL+ RF+ UR+ LF+ UF UR- LF- UF+ LB+ UL UF- LB- UB UR UR+ LF+ UF UR- LF- LF DF UR+ UF LF+2 DF+ LF+ DF+2 DL+2 DB RB+2 DL+
5. (2:03.93) 5 UR UF UL UF UL UB UR UB UL UB UR UF UR UF LB UB RF UF UL UB UL UF UR UB UL LB UL UF RF RB UR UB RB UR UB RB LF UF UL UF UR LF UL UB LF DB DL LB UL UB DB DF LF UL UF- RB- UR UF+ RB+ UB+ RF+ UR UB- RF- UL+ RB+ UB UL- RB- RB DB UL+ DF+ LF UL- DF- UF DL LB UB+ RF+ UR UB- RF- RF DR UR+ LF+ UF UR- LF- UB- DR- RB UB+ DR+ UB+ UR UB+2 UL+2 RF- UF+ UL+2 DR RF

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Here is a video of a sub-2 Curvy Copter Average with Jumbling and Cubeshape!

Let see if you can pick up on some of my tricks I have been figuring out in the last week! :)

Generated By csTimer on 2020-01-26
avg of 5: 1:57.11

Time List:
1. (1:38.47)
2. (2:38.71)
3. 2:01.18
4. 1:56.76
5. 1:53.38

Scramble is in the Description of the video.

Do you use full COLL?

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
A small curvy copter ranking competition if anyone has free time:

Etotheipi

I got a curvy copter for Christmas, and I figured out how to solve it without jumbling the day after or so, but it took until today for me to solve it with jumbling. I have a loose rule to try and learn how to solve any new puzzles I get without help, but now that I can solve it completely by myself, I can learn better techniques with help. So yay.

ichcubegerne

WCA
2013BOTZ01
I am improving pretty consistently but what is really giving me a hard time is cubeshape. Is there a general method I can follow, every cubeshape that has a certain deepness seems really difficult to solve for me :/

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is this some sort of jumbling "parity"? I was able to intuitively figure out the non jumbling solution to this puzzle, coming up with corner 3 cycles and an alg to orient corners but during a solution where i hand scrambled with jumbling moves i am totally stumped (puzzle was super ugly and bandaged all over the place, i jumbled by turning only 1 side at a time leading to lots of shape shifting). No matter what i do i keep getting back to states that seem unsolvable with 180° turns, all my attempts to switch the triangle/clover pieces seems to just lead me back to some other quirky state i can't handle with "standard" moves.

Is this state solvable without jumbling moves? How can you tell? Any tips on a process to solve this?

1594093146629.png

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Is this some sort of jumbling "parity"? I was able to intuitively figure out the non jumbling solution to this puzzle, coming up with corner 3 cycles and an alg to orient corners but during a solution where i hand scrambled with jumbling moves i am totally stumped (puzzle was super ugly and bandaged all over the place, i jumbled by turning only 1 side at a time leading to lots of shape shifting). No matter what i do i keep getting back to states that seem unsolvable with 180° turns, all my attempts to switch the triangle/clover pieces seems to just lead me back to some other quirky state i can't handle with "standard" moves.

Is this state solvable without jumbling moves? How can you tell? Any tips on a process to solve this?

View attachment 12808
The two orange centers are in the same orbit, and the green center on the orange face is in the same orbit as the lower right green center. That position requires jumbling to solve. Unfortunately, while I can definitively say that it does require jumbling, my strategy at that point of the solve is not much better than trial and error, so I can't quite tell you how to jumble it.