• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Thank you for bringing it to my attention, I didn't know it yet (never bothered to look up an alg for this case) and I like it :)

I really should look up some FL2 algs for specific cases...

Also thank you Brest for reminding us what the search function is for ;)

ressMox

So I was learning my OLLs off badmephisto's sheet and had a moment of absent minded-ness. I ended up coming across this for OLL28: y' M U R U R' U' M' U R U' R'

It's essentially the same as badmephisto's OLL20 (M U R U R' U' M2 U R U' r') but with an M' instead of M2 and an R' instead of r'. Useful for fast memo I guess?

Bowti (L Perm) COLL recognition

My classical Bowti (L Perm) recognition is with FRU sticker being U-colored on front, and I think most people learn it that way,
but I feel like doing recognition with RFU sticker being U-colored gets better algs.

For Bowti all my CLLs/CMLLs are COLLs - But I'm also interested in that kind of algs:

Here is my list of old algs / new algs I got so far. EDIT the pictures show the cases for the new alg.

U’ FR’F’LFRF'L' => x' RU'R'DRUR'D'x (the old on is good but the new one is awesome)

F'rUR'U'r'FR => rURU'L'UR'U' (never been a fan of F' at the beginning)

zU’R2zR’U’R D2R’U l2 => R'U2R'D' RU2R'DR2 (no D2 and much simpler)

U' RU2RDR'U2RD'R2 => U RU2RDR'U2RD'R2 (the same)

R'U2 RUR'U' RUR'U' RUR'UR => (U') RU2R'U' RUR'U' RUR'U' RU'R' (needs a setup move )

Last case:
RUR'L' U2 RUR' U2L ( I think it looks better on paper than it is )

Here are some replacements for the diagonal case
=>

z URU'D'R2 URU'R2D (best COLL)

rU2R'F RU2r2F RU2M' (For ZZLL) => R
U2R'F RU2r2FR (best CMLL)
LUL' R'U2 LUL' U2R

Last edited:
WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Messing around with Na perm a little more. I can make execution vids if anyone wants, I kinda like these, especially the first. I long for the day when I stop looking for a new Na perm, these might solve that. Still got some messing around to do with these.
F r' R2 U r' U2 l U' R U R2 F2 r2 R2' u'
F R2 B R' r' U2' L U L' U2 R U' L R2' F'

Ja (L) perm found by hand

R U R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 (L R) U2 R'
alg.garron

Found by brain.

rePLL(Aa)™: z D' R U' r2 D R' D' r2 (UD) (Aa-perm)
rePLL(Ja)™: z D' R U' R2 D R' D' R2 (UD) (Ja-perm)

Messing around with Na perm a little more. I can make execution vids if anyone wants, I kinda like these, especially the first. I long for the day when I stop looking for a new Na perm, these might solve that. Still got some messing around to do with these.
F r' R2 U r' U2 l U' R U R2 F2 r2 R2' u'
F R2 B R' r' U2' L U L' U2 R U' L R2' F'

rePLL(Nb)™: z (R2' U2 R2 U R2') y (R2 U2 R2' U' R2) y' (R2' U2 R2 d' R2) y' z' (Nb-perm)

>diagonal corner swap 4x4x4 (is the same N-perm alg modified for slice)

reCorner()™: z (R2' Uw2' R2 U R2') y (R2 U2 R2' U' R2) y' (R2' Uw2' R2 Dww' R2) Uw2 U2 y' z'

Last edited by a moderator:

nofianto

OLL ALGO for no 38

just found this algo for PLL no 38 (w shape) :
F(RUR'U')F' U (RUR'U') (R'FRF')

aronpm

Good for OLLCP but I think (RUR'URU'R') U' (R'FRF) is better for OLL, which is sune cancelled inro RUR'U'R'FRF'

SenileGenXer

N perm a: (R' U L' U2 R U' L)2 U
N perm b: (R U' L U2 R' U L')2 U'

These are super easy to remember but also a little easy to confuse with each other. You don't have to orient the permutation you just start by driving a single cubie down to start the alg with a R' or R and then keep going in whatever case your in. If you haven't oriented them forget the U at the end and do whatever U you need

Shortest E perm: R U' L D2 L' U x' M' U' R D2 R' U L'

I hate losing cube control and re-gripping with x' bit so I try to make it part of the M' filp.

Last edited:

SenileGenXer

A perm B for lefties: y' L F' L B2 L' F L B2 L2

If you have the headlights in back you can disregard the y' bit. This is the mirror move of the R' F R' B2 R F' R' B2 R2 A-perm-a I bet most of us know. It's very intuitive but your left hand may suck.

Last edited: