• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 With Feet Getting Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
the reason there's so few feet solvers in mass is that there hasn't been a comp with it in 9 years lol. delegates haven't wanted to use equipment for it, but with all the new equipment mass has we're using some of the old now. the plan if they didn't allow that was just to buy 8 timers for $240, which isn't that much

stormtrooper

WCA
2019POTO01
There is a possibility that Feet solves will get replaced by another thing, but I do not know since I do not work for the WCA. But I know that I doubt that 1x1x2 and 1x2x2 will be an event due to the fact that it is to easy and there are less positions, if it would be an event at a competiton on April Fools day as a joke then that would get attention I guess. I know for a fact that Magic and Master Magic is not going to be an event because it is pointless due to the fact that it is just the same solve over and over. However there is a possibility that 2x2x3 could get added since Qiyi has made a massly produced version of 2x2x3, it has 241.920 positions. Or even other puzzles such as the 3x3x2 could get even added because of the amount of positions. If new events get added then there would be more massly produced products from different companies.

Matt—

There is a possibility that Feet solves will get replaced by another thing, but I do not know since I do not work for the WCA. But I know that I doubt that 1x1x2 and 1x2x2 will be an event due to the fact that it is to easy and there are less positions, if it would be an event at a competiton on April Fools day as a joke then that would get attention I guess. I know for a fact that Magic and Master Magic is not going to be an event because it is pointless due to the fact that it is just the same solve over and over. However there is a possibility that 2x2x3 could get added since Qiyi has made a massly produced version of 2x2x3, it has 241.920 positions. Or even other puzzles such as the 3x3x2 could get even added because of the amount of positions. If new events get added then there would be more massly produced products from different companies.
A 1x1x2 would tarnish the WCA's reputation. I don’t really even consider that a puzzle, just a fidget toy.

Hazel

Premium Member
A 2x2x3 or 3x3x2 would be too simple - the world records would very quickly be completely luck-based, maybe even more so than 2x2.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
IMO if the WCA is adding an event it should:
1. Held at comps unofficially in multiple areas for an extended period of time
2. Have multiple manufactures making them
3. Have the current UWR be >30 seconds
4. Not be a spinoff of a current event (basically to avoid current record holders automatically getting those wrs)

Matt—

IMO if the WCA is adding an event it should:
1. Held at comps unofficially in multiple areas for an extended period of time
2. Have multiple manufactures making them
3. Have the current UWR be >30 seconds
4. Not be a spinoff of a current event (basically to avoid current record holders automatically getting those wrs)
I agree however the >30 seconds thing may not be true. I get what you’re going at where it’s not supposed to be luck based, but still there are some good events that could be added that are below 30 seconds.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
My reasoning is that the event should have a large amount to improve over time. This is why I would have supported adding 6/7, as people were averaging like 5 minutes, giving it a lot of room to improve.

What events with uwrs under 30 seconds are you suggesting?

Matt—

My reasoning is that the event should have a large amount to improve over time. This is why I would have supported adding 6/7, as people were averaging like 5 minutes, giving it a lot of room to improve.

What events with uwrs under 30 seconds are you suggesting?
Tbh, I don’t really know many UWR’s but an event I like is kibiminx. I’m sure that if someone can get below 35 seconds on Megaminx, than sub 30 on kibminix should be no problem. However, I don’t know if ehough people practice to have done that.

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
Tbh, I don’t really know many UWR’s but an event I like is kibiminx. I’m sure that if someone can get below 35 seconds on Megaminx, than sub 30 on kibminix should be no problem. However, I don’t know if ehough people practice to have done that.
Kilominx uwr is like 10-12 seconds lol
It also is a spin-off of a spin-off, which we should avoid, and also if you're good at mega you're good at it, and mega world class people would basically automatically be world class at kilominx.

Hazel

Premium Member
I'd suspect it to be replaced with another puzzle (not just a variant) either:
- Kilominx
- Curvy Copter
- Ivy Cube
- Master Pyraminx
- Crystalminx (FTO)
- Redi Cube
I kind of like this list, but I think that Kilominx, Ivy Cube, and Redi cube would very quickly come down to mostly luck. The Redi cube UWR is already sub-3 seconds, and the Ivy cube UWR is sub-1 second.

stormtrooper

WCA
2019POTO01
A 1x1x2 would tarnish the WCA's reputation. I don’t really even consider that a puzzle, just a fidget toy.
I do agree it is a fidget toy, but it also considered to be a "joke cube".

It would be funny if it would be an event as a joke for only 1 competition, however the 1x1x2 is way to easy to be an event. Don't ask me why I included 1x1x2 and 1x2x2, I just included there to show what will not be an event.

Hazel

Premium Member
I can agree on this statement, however I infer that it could be possible for 3x3x4. However, no one knows.
3x3x4 could work, I'd like to see 3x3x5 because that's been around for a long time, and it would be really cool to see 3x3x5's with internal mechanisms of already-successful 3x3's, it could work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.