• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Update @Zain_A24?

---------------------------------------------------

I haven't learned any new algs since last update, I've mostly been solving and drilling the ones I know. I'm not happy with my times with Rb and E. I also will sometimes get Ra and Rb mixed up, where I do Ra for an Rb(or vice-versa). I'm gonna keep drilling them, and then learn V

Last edited:

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone,
You have probably all seen this coming, I have some slightly bad news and some really good news.

First of all, apologies for completely leaving this thread in the dark. I was unable to fulfil my responsibility of keeping everyone updated on the progress of my "Alg a Day Challenge".

We'll start with the bad news. Partially due to the ever-changing nature of the world around us and our current events, this has resulted in drastic lifestyle changes that has resulted in less time for cubing and providing content, which a lot of you may have seen on my social media. This has meant that I had began to fall behind in learning algorithms, resulting in the buildup of pressure in trying to catch up.

At the moment I have reached full PLL and CLL, which in itself is a great personal achievement given the small timeframe that I gave myself. I still want to learn algorithms, but doing this challenge has resulted in very limited flexibility in how I learn these algorithms, and it may be something I return to in the future. I will be keeping everyone posted on my progress in learning the algorithms, but I will not be going at the pace I began at, and instead I will be more flexible in the way I learn these algorithms, which is something I hope you all understand. I will also be posting on Facebook the algorithms I learn in the process if you all want to learn them along with me, which I hope was the objective of this challenge.

Moving on to the good news - and it is not just good, it is excellent for both myself and my loyal readers.

Moyu
As some of you may be aware, I am now sponsored by Moyu, meaning I will receive early access to any new and upcoming Moyu products and prototypes, which I am very thankful for. This will mean that I will be producing reviews and analysis of cubes ready at or before their release, which will be hugely beneficial for the readers thinking about buying their first cube or upgrading their current mains. I have been kindly given access to the Moyu Aochuang WR M which I have now produced my first impressions. I want to make sure that all of us on speedsolving.com are the first to hear the opinions on these puzzles I will do my very best to provide you with this information as early as possible, the first impressions will be ready very shortly.

What to look out for:
- Moyu Aochuang WR M First Impressions
- GAN 356XS Review
- GAN 356RS and RS M Review
- GAN 356M Lite Review

I am also working hard on improving my social media presence, so any support on those platforms will be greatly appreciated, and I will be hopefully be planning some giveaways when I reach certain milestones, which I will keep you all posted on. Thank you all for your understanding. We've got some great plans ahaead of us and I look forward to writing to you all again with upcoming content.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Ok I am joining
I will be learning an alg a day for the next 282 days
I will learn: Full OLL
Full L4E for pyra
L2E algs for 5x5
Full CLL for 2x2
Basically anything that will make me world class at pyra that isn't top first

Learn intuitive L4E, not algorithmic

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Back in January i mentioned there was no way i could do all 300 algs...but now that i'm stuck at home for the foreseeable few weeks to months i am committed to FINALLY learning full PLL during the COVID-19 stay at home order. I have V,N, Gs & Rs left to memorize...V've learned all but the Ns at some point but i'm definitely a victim of "use it or lose it."

Mischiiii

I’m joining you since Friday last week. I’m waiting for animal crossing to come out onn20th of March. Until then i want to learn Full OLL. I’ve completed the dot cases yesterday.

Just posting my update to the post i made when i started learning full OLL. I finished learning OLL on 19th of march. I started out with learning one dot case per day and after that i roughly followed the dot cases by a 2algs- 1alg - 2algs - 1 alg .... rhythm. I used the cubeskills pdf and YouTube video along with jperms OLL Trainer.

Learning full OLL was easier than expected.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I'm changing the algs I want to learn:

PLL - 21 Algs - DONE
OLL - 57 Algs - 19/57
CLL (2x2) - 42 Algs - 0/42
4LLL (Megaminx) - 24 Algs - 14/24 [Only 24 algs because I'm doing basic CP]
L2E (5x5) - 12 Algs - 0/12
L2C (5x5) - 18 Algs - 5/18

Update:

PLL - 21 Algs - DONE
OLL - 57 Algs - 28/57 - 9 New
CLL (2x2) - 42 Algs - 0/42 - 0 New
4LLL (Megaminx) - 24 Algs - 3/24 [Only 24 algs because I'm doing basic CP] - 9 New
L2E (5x5) - 12 Algs - 0/12 - 0 New
L2C (5x5) - 18 Algs - 5/18 - New