• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Coach for hire. $300 of you can teach me how to get down to a consistent sub 1 minute time in less than 24 hours current pb is 2.15

kubesolver

Premium Member
It's probably legit.
Stopthtfrdge is most likely a poker player or some other gambler. In the gambling community similar bets for this kind of money are not uncommon.
However given that there is 24hours left I think the bet is already lost ;)

Stopthtfrdge

7184C538-922C-4C82-80A8-0CDCB8126707.jpeg

This was the stupid Facebook post that got me in this mess

Last edited by a moderator:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can you solve the cube? If so:
Practise A LOT. Beginner’s will get you to sub 40 if you work hard. Solve a lot, work on training your last layer case recognition, and also learn all fingertricks to speed up algorithms. Look at cross efficiency. Try solving it in better ways every time. Practise more.
If not: Learn using a tutorial on YouTube, then go to the above.

Edit: Looked at title again

kubesolver

Premium Member
I don't think it's worth wasting 300$ on coaching
Given the stakes of the bet and the short amount of time 300$ sounds like not much. If the coaching will increase his chance of winning by more than 2.5% then it's worth it.

Notice how OP had only 24 hours left when he came here. Having someone knowledgeable guide him in his process is very likely to increase his chances of success (if there are any to begin with).

when there are a gazillion youtube vids out there that can help you just as much if not more.
Internet is full of information but also misinformation. Number of videos that show up when you search for rubik cube tutorial is insane. And JPerms video albeit close to the top of search results only promise "how to solve rubik cube in 10 minutes" so OP might decide to ignore that and move on to some crappy videos that promise 1 minute.

Also notice how OP is betting several thousand on a silly bet. Clearly his entertainment budget can cover additional 300$ of cubing coaching.
And for all we know he might very well know that he is overpaying but is happy to give away few hundred bucks to a nice random stranger.

Apolo

I've got my first sub 1 after one day of speedcubing (I learnt how to solve it the day before). If you need any help (I don't need 300$), just ask me

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
It's probably legit.
Stopthtfrdge is most likely a poker player or some other gambler. In the gambling community similar bets for this kind of money are not uncommon.
However given that there is 24hours left I think the bet is already lost ;)
Its legit, ive talked to him and he really is trying to get under 1 minute for some bet
That makes a lot more sense then what he posted in the title and first post. Having seen other post like his (either here or on other websites) it initially look more like a scam at first, but if it is what you all say (which I am more convinced it is then before) then thanks for clarifying that up.

@Stopthtfrdge, how are you at poker? And what type of poker do you like best?

Stopthtfrdge

I had an allergie attack that night...fell asleep early then got called into work the next morning. No time to practice... so I offered them a buy out which they accepted. Thanks for the helpful advice. Mukerflap was a big help and I paid him for his hour of coaching...If I’m able to learn to do this blindfolded in the next month I stand the chance to make $$,$$$. Advice there would be greatly appreciated.

Given the stakes of the bet and the short amount of time 300$ sounds like not much. If the coaching will increase his chance of winning by more than 2.5% then it's worth it.

Notice how OP had only 24 hours left when he came here. Having someone knowledgeable guide him in his process is very likely to increase his chances of success (if there are any to begin with).

Internet is full of information but also misinformation. Number of videos that show up when you search for rubik cube tutorial is insane. And JPerms video albeit close to the top of search results only promise "how to solve rubik cube in 10 minutes" so OP might decide to ignore that and move on to some crappy videos that promise 1 minute.

Also notice how OP is betting several thousand on a silly bet. Clearly his entertainment budget can cover additional 300$ of cubing coaching.
And for all we know he might very well know that he is overpaying but is happy to give away few hundred bucks to a nice random stranger.
You nailed most of it,

there was a typo in my OP... it was meant to say “if” you can help me get to a sub 1 minute time not “of” which yes Is definitely worth the $300 fee.

kubesolver

Premium Member
If I’m able to learn to do this blindfolded in the next month I stand the chance to make $$,$$$

As someone who learned Blindfodled solving very recently I think you have a decent chance to be able to do blind in a month.

However make sure to define in the bet terms what does it mean exactly. frame it as "having 1 success in 10 attempts with 15 minutes for an attempt" and you're good to go, but I think it's very unlikely you can learn it in a month to have more than 50% success rate in 5 minutes.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I had an allergie attack that night...fell asleep early then got called into work the next morning. No time to practice... so I offered them a buy out which they accepted. Thanks for the helpful advice. Mukerflap was a big help and I paid him for his hour of coaching...If I’m able to learn to do this blindfolded in the next month I stand the chance to make $$,$$$. Advice there would be greatly appreciated.

There's a YouTuber named J Perm, and he has a great blindfolded tutorial. He's made 3 versions, I'd recommend watching the second and third ones.