• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the most efficient method out there?

I think we all know that methods like CFOP, Roux, and ZZ are the most well-known speedsolving methods out there, with roux having undoubtedly the lowest move-count. I was wondering if another method exists that is more efficient than any of these methods (maybe sub 40-45 moves). I don't care if the method has clear drawbacks like garbage fingertricks and poor lookahead-ability, and I don't care about FMC type methods.
Thanks guys :)

I use roux as my main method and I don't plan on switching anytime soon. Im just curious if more efficient methods exist out there.

Heise. There's also LMCF but it has too many algs. There are also the human thistlewaithe algorithm, snyder and shadowslice-snow columns.

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
SSC is a good example if you want a method with a low number of algs to learn (even fewer algs than Roux), and many little intuitive steps.
I don't have exact numbers right now, but iirc if you measure with ATM instead of STM it will average around 40 moves.

brododragon

First Block
- Second Block
- EO + Stock ULUR (or UFUB)
- CLL (similar to COLL)
- Good L4E (easy M-slice)

Here’s an example solve to prove its good:

Scramble: U B2 R' F2 R2 U2 L2 F2 D L2 F2 D L2 U2 B' F L B2 F' R' U'
(y2)
D R f R D' f // First Block (6/6)
r' y R U R' U S' R' F2 R y' // Second Block (9/15)
U' M U M' U2 M U' M' // EO + ULUR (8/23)
U' R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R // CLL (10/33)
U2 M2 U' M2 // Permute Final Edges (4/37)
Here's something that @WoowyBaby (and kind of me) made on the method creation thread. There's only one example solve, but that being said, it was still only 37 moves. You might wanna try it out.

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel

+1 for Heise. It's probably the most HTM-efficient. Its claimed average movecount is less than 40 moves, but I don't know what this claim is based on. I used to do slow-solve sessions (1-2 minutes per solve) and my movecount was around 41-42 moves; only occasionally did I get reasonably long sub-40 sessions.

Last edited:

Solvador Cubi

Realistically, what are the attributes of the "most reasonable efficient method" for the most folks?

minimal # steps (no more than 6?)
max # algs (around 100?)
low move count (around 50?)
good look ahead

anything else? or different numbers?

-= Solvador Cubi