• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This could also be the stepping stone to make cubing go mainstream. These cubes could probably be sold in brick and mortar stores like Walmart and sold as "Educatiional Products"
It could be, as long as Rubik's don't cause any issues with stuff like that. I'm not sure how cubing will ever get mainstream since I've sold about 1000 cubes at markets over the past years and it's very rare that I hear anything back from people. When I'm doing these stalls I have to act like their kids will be able to solve it with my solution guide and practice but I suspect most people lose patience sadly and never solve it. Maybe cubes like these will help make a few more people learn but I don't think it will be a major increase

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
It could be, as long as Rubik's don't cause any issues with stuff like that. I'm not sure how cubing will ever get mainstream since I've sold about 1000 cubes at markets over the past years and it's very rare that I hear anything back from people. When I'm doing these stalls I have to act like their kids will be able to solve it with my solution guide and practice but I suspect most people lose patience sadly and never solve it. Maybe cubes like these will help make a few more people learn but I don't think it will be a major increase
I’ve been wondering lately how toddlers or very very young solvers might take to these new education series puzzles. I think they hold very little value to nearly everyone registered on this forum or anyone else once you know how to solve a standard cube. That said I do think for someone obviously not ready or willing to learn how to COMPLETELY solve a cube they could still get the joy of completing a puzzle and thus potentially building interest in cubing. The typical “I can only solve one side” response that comes with a sense of defeat will instead be “I did it!” Because the puzzle is in fact solved.

NevEr_QeyX

I’ve been wondering lately how toddlers or very very young solvers might take to these new education series puzzles. I think they hold very little value to nearly everyone registered on this forum or anyone else once you know how to solve a standard cube. That said I do think for someone obviously not ready or willing to learn how to COMPLETELY solve a cube they could still get the joy of completing a puzzle and thus potentially building interest in cubing. The typical “I can only solve one side” response that comes with a sense of defeat will instead be “I did it!” Because the puzzle is in fact solved.
I NevEr thought of it that way, that's right! I bet some kids I'm teaching the cube would really like it for that

Sion

Does this need to be stated again?

This is a thread to talk about new puzzle releases, not start a cult over the YJ MGC line. It would be nice to come here and actually see news about puzzles instead of needing to sift through pages of people praising a company with very little news about new puzzles.

However, it’s cool to see that moyu is working on their own training cube line. I do wonder if such a thing is even necessary though. I’ve always been an advocate for having a cube that could last for a while instead of having one that can *only* take slow turning that is marketed to beginners.

Last edited:

Capcubeing

This is a server to talk about new puzzle releases, not start a cult over the YJ MGC line. It would be nice to come here and actually see news about puzzles instead of needing to sift through pages of people praising a company with very little news about new puzzles.

However, it’s cool to see that moyu is working on their own training cube line. I do wonder if such a thing is even necessary though. I’ve always been an advocate for having a cube that could last for a while instead of having one that can *only* take slow turning that is marketed to beginners.
THANK YOU

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I NevEr thought of it that way, that's right! I bet some kids I'm teaching the cube would really like it for that
I am planning on buying a pink cloud cube for my 3 year old cousin. I think that she will like it because she seems to be very interested whenever she sees me cubing.

I'm A Cuber

These MG training cubes honestly seem pointless, when you can go buy 2-3 guanlongs on sale from the cubicle and peel off the stickers you want to peel off for the same price

WCA
2018BRUM01
These MG training cubes honestly seem pointless, when you can go buy 2-3 guanlongs on sale from the cubicle and peel off the stickers you want to peel off for the same price
Hahaha, same with the new monster go training cubes. Especially the one that has only a white face. What are they going to do next, release a force cube?

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can do that but to be fair the MoYu teaching series will probably be about the same price as the guanlong, as for the monster go I have no idea.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel

This is a server to talk about new puzzle releases, not start a cult over the YJ MGC line. It would be nice to come here and actually see news about puzzles instead of needing to sift through pages of people praising a company with very little news about new puzzles.

I feel like this is a personal attack over everything I stand for. I am quitting the forums and will only return to congratulate @PetrusQuber when he eventually gets Petrus WR. Thank you that is all

In all reality I do think that you have a point (that's why @NevEr_QeyX and I started a thread specifically for YJ cubes)but it should be taken into account that in my own opinion YJ is doing the best out of all the other companies right now in terms of exiting and innovative releases. It's almost like the anti-gan because there is so much that has changed for YJ in the past couple of months/years. A while ago the only cube they produced that was used on a high level was the Yuhu and after the galaxy released it became irrelevant. Not to mention back in 2018 when the MGC 2x2 released it was the only modern YJ cube that was used competitively. 1 year and some change later YJ has made leaps and bounds in terms of hardware improvement without making people go bankrupt for a decent puzzle. People are more excited about YJ cubes releasing now then for the history of the company as a whole. Compared to Moyu, Qiyi, Gan, and Yuxin not much has changed compared to YJ. They still make excellent cubes that people use at high level competing but they have not done nearly as much as YJ in the past 7-8 months. I don't think there has been as much hype surrounding a line of puzzles for a long time. These cubes are being awaited just as much if not more as the Valk line or the newer GTS big cubes from Moyu.

TLDR; YJ is a fantastic company and is making the least disappointing puzzle lines out of the recent releases.

brododragon

I feel like this is a personal attack over everything I stand for. I am quitting the forums and will only return to congratulate @PetrusQuber when he eventually gets Petrus WR. Thank you that is all

In all reality I do think that you have a point (that's why @NevEr_QeyX and I started a thread specifically for YJ cubes)but it should be taken into account that in my own opinion YJ is doing the best out of all the other companies right now in terms of exiting and innovative releases. It's almost like the anti-gan because there is so much that has changed for YJ in the past couple of months/years. A while ago the only cube they produced that was used on a high level was the Yuhu and after the galaxy released it became irrelevant. Not to mention back in 2018 when the MGC 2x2 released it was the only modern YJ cube that was used competitively. 1 year and some change later YJ has made leaps and bounds in terms of hardware improvement without making people go bankrupt for a decent puzzle. People are more excited about YJ cubes releasing now then for the history of the company as a whole. Compared to Moyu, Qiyi, Gan, and Yuxin not much has changed compared to YJ. They still make excellent cubes that people use at high level competing but they have not done nearly as much as YJ in the past 7-8 months. I don't think there has been as much hype surrounding a line of puzzles for a long time. These cubes are being awaited just as much if not more as the Valk line or the newer GTS big cubes from Moyu.

TLDR; YJ is a fantastic company and is making the least disappointing puzzle lines out of the recent releases.
*Rant Incoming*

NevEr_QeyX

They are also designed pretty well and wouldn't look tacky like a poorly modded Guanlong, so that is why I would at least consider these as an option (unless Moyu's are cheaper obviously)

Sion

I don't mind the cubes themselves. Having cool variants of 3x3s is nice.

That said, I disagree with the demographic they are going after. as a cool collector item, sure. However, I don't see how an admittedly subpar design (not my words) would benefit beginners in any meaningful way. At that rate, just get a decent budget cube that will last you a while instead.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel

(This store is quite controversial so probably don't buy anything from here for now)
DONT BUY FROM THERE. If you are from the UK please shop somewhere else as this place has already been confirmed to be a scam. Kewbs UK and speedcubing.org (Use code MICAH or OWEN at checkout so my boys can get their MGC 6x6s) are much better stores with great reputations and are confirmed to be legitimate stores and they are both based in the UK. Please don't make the mistake by ordering from speedcubestor.co.uk, Kewbs UK and speedcubing.org are the best stores in the UK.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
DONT BUY FROM THERE. If you are from the UK please shop somewhere else as this place has already been confirmed to be a scam. Kewbs UK and speedcubing.org (Use code MICAH or OWEN at checkout so my boys can get their MGC 6x6s) are much better stores with great reputations and are confirmed to be legitimate stores and they are both based in the UK. Please don't make the mistake by ordering from speedcubestor.co.uk, Kewbs UK and speedcubing.org are the best stores in the UK.
They aren’t a scam, but very unreliable. They’re actually based in China, they try to fool you by using pounds and everything, but a lot of stuff sounds like it’s from Google Translate. They also have no customer support whatsoever. My friends bought from them once. They said his parcel would deliver in a few days. It took over half a month.