• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
1 year after the first photos of the prototype, Shengshou Examinx is finally released! Stickerless only. Force cubes, anyone? :D

Currently available at ChampionsCubeStore (the actual website) for $380, and also at his AliExpress store for $330. He is legit, but I wouldn't buy from him right now, there will soon be deals that are either cheaper (other Chinese stores) or physically closer to you (international shipping during the pandemic is a pain). Considering his prices for other products, I imagine that it will be sold in Western retail (TC/SCS/etc) for $400-450, and at Cubezz for $300-350 or so. Overall, for any store, it should be a bit cheaper than Shengshou 17x17 in that same store, but not by much.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
1 year after the first photos of the prototype, Shengshou Examinx is finally released! Stickerless only. Force cubes, anyone? :D

Currently available at ChampionsCubeStore (the actual website) for $380, and also at his AliExpress store for $330. He is legit, but I wouldn't buy from him right now, there will soon be deals that are either cheaper (other Chinese stores) or physically closer to you (international shipping during the pandemic is a pain). Considering his prices for other products, I imagine that it will be sold in Western retail (TC/SCS/etc) for $400-450, and at Cubezz for $300-350 or so. Overall, for any store, it should be a bit cheaper than Shengshou 17x17 in that same store, but not by much.
Is that larger than the Petaminx?

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you mean the number of layers? Yes, petaminx is 9 pieces along an edge, and this examinx is 11. This is currently the highest order mass-produced minx.

Or larger physically? Champion's store doesn't list dimensions, yet. Common sense says "yes", but Shengshou has a 13x13 (cube) that is larger than their 11x11, 12x12, 14x14, 15x15 and 17x17. They don't know "common sense". :) This examinx already breaks the pattern of their black-with-stickers minxes.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Bro that would be almost $4,000 worth of examinxes
Almost $4,000 worth of Examinxes, plus 7,200 magnets at, we'll say $0.08 each, plus probably $20 worth of superglue, materials are $4,424. I think it was @Doctor Hedron who said on Reddit that force Examinxes would take about 39 hours, probably 2-3 times as long if you're going to magnetize as well. 100 hours of labor at $15/hour, and roughly speaking you're looking at $6,000.

I'm not into the force cube stuff, but I would be interested to see what kind of magnets would fit. I really just want a gigaminx, though.

willfcc

Almost $4,000 worth of Examinxes, plus 7,200 magnets at, we'll say $0.08 each, plus probably $20 worth of superglue, materials are $4,424. I think it was @Doctor Hedron who said on Reddit that force Examinxes would take about 39 hours, probably 2-3 times as long if you're going to magnetize as well. 100 hours of labor at $15/hour, and roughly speaking you're looking at $6,000.

I'm not into the force cube stuff, but I would be interested to see what kind of magnets would fit. I really just want a gigaminx, though.
STICKERLESS Gigaminx

FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sion

Twenty dollars for a cube that eveyone admits Is not even good for top solvers. I wish I could give GAN the benefit of the doubt, but that's pretty inexcusable. There are definitely cheaper puzzles that likely perform way better than this.

Last edited:

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04

Twenty dollars for a cube that eveyone admits isnt even that good. I wish I could give GAN the benefit of the doubt, but that's pretty inexcusable.
That's cheap for a Gan.

cuber314159

location is not displayed due to character limit
WCA
2016EVAN06
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_O if he actually is. Source?
http://instagr.am/p/CAiHpeCJZdR/

Twenty dollars for a cube that eveyone admits isnt even that good. I wish I could give GAN the benefit of the doubt, but that's pretty inexcusable.
Especially when moyu have released essentially the same thing but better and cheaper

WCA
2020LIMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah, I agree. I thought this would be about 12 dollars at the most, and it's 20$ and worst than an 8$ Qiyi MS

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
Especially when moyu have released essentially the same thing but better and cheaper
And before that, FanXin had these "training" cubes since at least late 2018. I've been seeing them in local "dollar stores" for a while now, before the pandemic that is. Both the Moyu and Gan versions are just "well-known" companies jumping on the trend that "no-name" brands started.

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
STICKERLESS Gigaminx

FTFY
For now, you'll have to settle for the stickerless MF8 4x4 minx...

... or this funky stickerless MF8 Teraminx.

Actually, if you never move the *outer* layers and only move them together with the 2nd layer, then it will function as a stickerless gigaminx, with 2-colored edges and 3-colored corners.

Last edited: