• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Sub1Hour

Incase anyone is interested, moyu released a teaching series similar to the monster go series but have been keeping it pretty quiet recently. I suspect the monster go series is vastly overhyped since it will be essentially the exact same thing but for a higher price.
It's interesting how this new wave of teaching cubes is coming out. My first cubes were the MFJS Cubing Classroom bundles (2-5 + side events) and they were very good for the price (except for the megaminx that one sucks)

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's interesting how this new wave of teaching cubes is coming out. My first cubes were the MFJS Cubing Classroom bundles (2-5 + side events) and they were very good for the price (except for the megaminx that one sucks)
I know, it's a bit strange, probably pointless for most people but I may consider getting some when lockdowns over and I can start running market stalls again because that could be a good thing to offer people as they can build up each individual step.

Sub1Hour

I know, it's a bit strange, probably pointless for most people but I may consider getting some when lockdowns over and I can start running market stalls again because that could be a good thing to offer people as they can build up each individual step.
This could also be the stepping stone to make cubing go mainstream. These cubes could probably be sold in brick and mortar stores like Walmart and sold as "Educational Products"

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This could also be the stepping stone to make cubing go mainstream. These cubes could probably be sold in brick and mortar stores like Walmart and sold as "Educatiional Products"
It could be, as long as Rubik's don't cause any issues with stuff like that. I'm not sure how cubing will ever get mainstream since I've sold about 1000 cubes at markets over the past years and it's very rare that I hear anything back from people. When I'm doing these stalls I have to act like their kids will be able to solve it with my solution guide and practice but I suspect most people lose patience sadly and never solve it. Maybe cubes like these will help make a few more people learn but I don't think it will be a major increase

It could be, as long as Rubik's don't cause any issues with stuff like that. I'm not sure how cubing will ever get mainstream since I've sold about 1000 cubes at markets over the past years and it's very rare that I hear anything back from people. When I'm doing these stalls I have to act like their kids will be able to solve it with my solution guide and practice but I suspect most people lose patience sadly and never solve it. Maybe cubes like these will help make a few more people learn but I don't think it will be a major increase
I’ve been wondering lately how toddlers or very very young solvers might take to these new education series puzzles. I think they hold very little value to nearly everyone registered on this forum or anyone else once you know how to solve a standard cube. That said I do think for someone obviously not ready or willing to learn how to COMPLETELY solve a cube they could still get the joy of completing a puzzle and thus potentially building interest in cubing. The typical “I can only solve one side” response that comes with a sense of defeat will instead be “I did it!” Because the puzzle is in fact solved.

NevEr_QeyX

I’ve been wondering lately how toddlers or very very young solvers might take to these new education series puzzles. I think they hold very little value to nearly everyone registered on this forum or anyone else once you know how to solve a standard cube. That said I do think for someone obviously not ready or willing to learn how to COMPLETELY solve a cube they could still get the joy of completing a puzzle and thus potentially building interest in cubing. The typical “I can only solve one side” response that comes with a sense of defeat will instead be “I did it!” Because the puzzle is in fact solved.
I NevEr thought of it that way, that's right! I bet some kids I'm teaching the cube would really like it for that

Sion

Does this need to be stated again?

This is a thread to talk about new puzzle releases, not start a cult over the YJ MGC line. It would be nice to come here and actually see news about puzzles instead of needing to sift through pages of people praising a company with very little news about new puzzles.

However, it’s cool to see that moyu is working on their own training cube line. I do wonder if such a thing is even necessary though. I’ve always been an advocate for having a cube that could last for a while instead of having one that can *only* take slow turning that is marketed to beginners.

Last edited:

Capcubeing

Does this need to be stated again?

This is a server to talk about new puzzle releases, not start a cult over the YJ MGC line. It would be nice to come here and actually see news about puzzles instead of needing to sift through pages of people praising a company with very little news about new puzzles.

However, it’s cool to see that moyu is working on their own training cube line. I do wonder if such a thing is even necessary though. I’ve always been an advocate for having a cube that could last for a while instead of having one that can *only* take slow turning that is marketed to beginners.
THANK YOU

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
I NevEr thought of it that way, that's right! I bet some kids I'm teaching the cube would really like it for that
I am planning on buying a pink cloud cube for my 3 year old cousin. I think that she will like it because she seems to be very interested whenever she sees me cubing.

I'm A Cuber

These MG training cubes honestly seem pointless, when you can go buy 2-3 guanlongs on sale from the cubicle and peel off the stickers you want to peel off for the same price

WCA
2018BRUM01
These MG training cubes honestly seem pointless, when you can go buy 2-3 guanlongs on sale from the cubicle and peel off the stickers you want to peel off for the same price
Hahaha, same with the new monster go training cubes. Especially the one that has only a white face. What are they going to do next, release a force cube?