• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

NeoBridgeburn

Hey guys, it's been a tough day. I have realised that cubing is becoming unhealthy. It's all I think about now, and I can barely do anything else, and also, if I don't get in at least 70 solves, I start hating myself. What I need now is reasons to stay, because I fear that if I stop for a while, I won't be able to come back. I really love cubing, but maybe it's best if I leave. I really don't want to, but I dunno, maybe I should leave. I don't know why I felt like posting this, but I know the community will convince me to stay. So go ahead. Make my day.

EvanTheCuber

i had the same feeling man, then I got interested in big cubes and new cubes, it brought me back. maybe get better cubes? :(

ep2

If you feel it's become unhealthy, maybe you should take a break. It's supposed to be fun and you're supposed to feel a sense of accomplishment. If you've lost that, take a break, and you can always come back to it in a few weeks or months.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have five suggestions:

1. Just solve every once in a while (or a couple times a day) for fun, don't worry about your times, or how many solves you do

2. Realize that 70 3x3 solves really should only take 30-45 minutes depending on how fast you are

3. Get into different events, they can often be really fun and they're not just the same thing over and over again.

4. Take a break for a few weeks or so

5. Quit cubing altogether

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, it's been a tough day. I have realised that cubing is becoming unhealthy. It's all I think about now, and I can barely do anything else, and also, if I don't get in at least 70 solves, I start hating myself. What I need now is reasons to stay, because I fear that if I stop for a while, I won't be able to come back. I really love cubing, but maybe it's best if I leave. I really don't want to, but I dunno, maybe I should leave. I don't know why I felt like posting this, but I know the community will convince me to stay. So go ahead. Make my day.
Ah... This is called addiction. Simple solution, try taking a break. Don’t hate on yourself, force yourself to spend time on other things too. Try get another hobby, I like playing Minecraft too, as well as reading books. Be more active on here, that will stop you actually cubing as much. It’s fine to take a break, but do come back - set a reminder or start taking frequent breaks, and getting longer everytime. If you don’t enjoy cubing, try new events. And listen to other people’s advice too.

Please don’t quit cubing, you don’t need to quit to get rid of the unhealthiness, you need a break, or some advice from here.
Wish you luck :)

Edit: Also you can still be active in the community while you take a break.

Last edited:
Z

Zubin Park

I'm doing well. Just pulled multiple 6's during my ao50, which is nice for 3x3. Working on Redux for 5x5 since I switched from Yao. Other than that, and the face that I suck at OH, pretty good.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
You heard it, I am back and i quit waterman. As you all know I have been banned as RussoKyoober and rejected as Lukas Herrell, but I finally found the old password to this account so you know what that means! Tommorrow I will start a new quest. I have no idea what its on but it will be a new quest to something. Whatever im back yall.

Hazel

Premium Member
You heard it, I am back and i quit waterman. As you all know I have been banned as RussoKyoober and rejected as Lukas Herrell, but I finally found the old password to this account so you know what that means! Tommorrow I will start a new quest. I have no idea what its on but it will be a new quest to something. Whatever im back yall.
Was the RussoKyoober account on this website? I'm fairly sure that would count as ban evasion.