• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The "I quit / pause / return / change / etc." thread

I return...
... to these forums. Feels good man.

I resume...
...speedcubing. Which involves relearning a large amount of the lingo, doing a diagnostic average of...12? (or was it the best 10 out of 12? I don't remember now :( ), and reviewing some algs. Maybe switching to ZZ. The feelings of nostalgia are overwhelming me.

I quit...
...putting things off until "I GET AROUND TO IT." Guess what.

I have a freaking Round To It.

Also, whoever designed this particular Round To It is either a schizophrenic or an idiot.

I change...
...like Obama doesn't.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
CyroKarat
I Quit posting until I understand things more & am a bit more mature.

EDIT: Hopefully this will give me more time to work on solving, & I can come back with much more knowledge of the cube to help people. I still may post occasionally but only when necessary.

Last edited:
I came back to cubing after a long hiatus. I got lower 40 averages before. Now I'm in the mid-40 range. :(

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
twistnturn44
I'm gonna stop posting in the forums for a while. I'm doing something horribly wrong, and I'm gonna find out what it is. Hope I'll be a better poster when I come back.

Edit: Why should I pause, I'll just improve the quality of my posts now. I start again.

Last edited:
I took a break for a few weeks but now I return to cubing and I want to reach my goal, which is sub 30 ;) And to do this I'll continue learning Full OLL+PLL :) I hope this time I'll really do it before taking another break :D

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Sn3kyPandaMan
And to do this I'll continue learning Full OLL+PLL
I'd recommend working on F2L instead. You can easily get sub-15 with 2-look OLL.
Sub 15? Jesus. I wouldn't wait that long. I'm not even sub 15 yet, but then again I'm comparing apples(Fridrich) and oranges(petrus).

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
musli4brekkies
I'd recommend working on F2L instead. You can easily get sub-15 with 2-look OLL.
Yes, I know that 2L OLL solves can be really fast, too. But I already know many algorithms and I think it will be an advantage when I learn them as soon as possible. But you're right I still suck a bit on F2L. I always try to get better there, but it takes a long time for me.

And to do this I'll continue learning Full OLL+PLL
Sub 15? Jesus. I wouldn't wait that long. I'm not even sub 15 yet, but then again I'm comparing apples(Fridrich) and oranges(petrus).
Can Roux be a mango then?
I'd call it either Papaya or Guava.
Pineapple!!