• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm quitting cubing for a few months starting September 21st. I need to do well in school this year, and I can't let cubing distract me from studying and doing schoolwork. After the Canadian Open, I'm not going to do any cubing until the next competition. I need a break anyway, most of my times haven't been improving, and maybe this'll help me do better in competition (less practice=less nervous=fewer DNFs?). I'll still be around in the forums, but I won't be practicing.
it's September 21st :(
it's time to put all my cubes away...
nooe!!!
We need competition rite nao!!!

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll pause my speedcubing, and stick to trying and learning different methods, mainly because my school habits are complete and utter fail and because of it, all of my 3x3s (except the ones I don't use and are hidden) are in my parents' hold now.

I quit trying to learn full OLL, and instead will intend to use MGLS.

I return from being anonymous at the US Nats, and am finding new friends on YouTube and such.

I'll change my sources for algorithms, because everyone knows that a finger-trickin' algorithm is better than a normal ol' 2 or 3-gen algorithm anyday, unless it's a finger-trickin' 2-gen.

I'll change the way I vlog because I usually tend to ramble, and I'll look harder for things to talk about and such that cubers and normal ol' YouTubers can enjoy.

I quit daily cubing with cubes, and instead am using Werner Randelshofer's virtual cubes.

That's about all.

--Ranzha V. Emodrach, Castrensis...blah.

N

nitrocan

I never thought I'd post here...

I take a break.

It's my last year in high school, and I have to get prepared for the messed up exam system in my country. I'll probably be away for about 9 months. School starts tomorrow. I'll be getting rid of every distraction (cubes, computer, etc. but not piano of course)

Don't flame me when I bump this thread to say that I'm back in june :D

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I Change to using Fridrich F2L all of the time on 3x3. No matter how much it hurts me and my times for a while. I need to train for Cubetcha in October, and get an official sub-40 (hopefully sub-35) average.

I will quit cubing after October 24th (Cubetcha) until I can get my grades back up to >97%.

KubeKid73

I haven't been solving cubes a lot lately, but now that I bought 5 more puzzles and got them last week, I just did a 3x3 average and got around 1:10, which is around what I got back when I stopped for a while, like maybe a month and a half ago. I'm glad I haven't gotten worse. And now I'm motivated to learn full PLL (I just kept giving up a while ago. I stopped trying in like May maybe. I don't remember. After that I barely solved cubes at all, but then I completely stopped like a month and a half ago.) and since I got a C4Y diy, I shouldn't get as annoyed when I get bad solves because I won't blame it on my cube. :p (My last cube was a storebought, it was horrible, but I got about the same times, so when I get used to this cube, I should do slightly better.)

SaberSlash49

WCA
2009NGUY07
I'll change my ways of learning, to learn gradually, bit by bit. I would go everyday" Time to learn 2 Look PLL." and then I'd look at all the algorithms, and try to remember all of them. I'm not doing that anymore. I am spending about 1 day for each algorithm, to learn fingertricks and execution techniques.

I quit my arrogant and complicated ways. Life might not last long, so use it to its fullest. No, this doesn't mean risking your life everyday. Buddhists are relaxed, and peaceful. That's how I want to be. I say to myself everyday "I'll try not to get pissed off.". And do I get pissed off? Sometimes.