• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should feet, magic and master magic be reintroduced?

Joe Archibald

WCA
2019ARCH01
I believe that the WCA has a lack of variety and reintroducing these events would help solve that. I don’t believe that every competition, (even big ones like national championships) should have to hold these events. I don’t see why they should have been removed in the first place.
If there is even a small percentage of people that want to compete in these events why not let them. There is nothing bad about having more choices.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I believe that the WCA has a lack of variety and reintroducing these events would help solve that. I don’t believe that every competition, (even big ones like national championships) should have to hold these events. I don’t see why they should have been removed in the first place.
If there is even a small percentage of people that want to compete in these events why not let them. There is nothing bad about having more choices.
Magic was removed because it's just speedstacking, feet was removed because the WCA board had 1 person that actively did it and the rest thought it was stupid. Keep magic in the dumpster, but feet was really unique so I think it should've stayed.

Joe Archibald

WCA
2019ARCH01
Magic was removed because it's just speedstacking, feet was removed because the WCA board had 1 person that actively did it and the rest thought it was stupid. Keep magic in the dumpster, but feet was really unique so I think it should've stayed.

I get that it’s slightly different to other events but that’s part of the attractiveness. The actual solve was unique and fun to do/practice so I don’t really see the need to get rid of it.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I get that it’s slightly different to other events but that’s part of the attractiveness. The actual solve was unique and fun to do/practice so I don’t really see the need to get rid of it.
I'm gonna assume that you are talking about magic. It's because it doesn't have the properties of regular events. It's the only event you can do by using the same moves every time, and it also doesn't really have a scramble. That basically takes it from puzzle to execution test. If you enjoy things like magic, then try speed stacking, it's essentially the same where you have to do an exact set of "moves" the same every time with extreme precision. If you would like to try an unofficial event that's unique, try FTO or 15puzzle.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
why? Do you have any reasons?

I do understand why people might not want magic but why not feet?
It's just more events that people need to attempt if they want to be an all rounder. The enjoyment of events like feet is completely negated by the fact that you have to practise for ages to get fast at it.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
The people who do feet don't have any trouble with it. Heck I've done it four times and it takes me 5 minutes easily. The hygiene thing is one of the problems with feet though.
you cant do it if you have stiff feet tho. December is coming.

socks might help with the cold but your feet might become sweaty and the cube might slip from your feet.

Last edited:

rusty cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
i'm gonna have to agree with the majority here that feet magic and master magic all had their place but it was realized that magic and master magic are incredibly repetitive and there is nothing challenging about it, feet I mean I get it but still feel is kinda stupid

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
feet I mean I get it but still feel is kinda stupid
And anyone that has never heard of cubing before would say that completing plastic children's toys as fast as possible would say it's kinda stupid. Just because something is "kinda stupid" to some people doesn't mean it should've been removed.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
And anyone that has never heard of cubing before would say that completing plastic children's toys as fast as possible would say it's kinda stupid. Just because something is "kinda stupid" to some people doesn't mean it should've been removed.
you have a point some people might like magic, or feet.
but i still feel feet is stupid (in my opinion.)

DNF_Cuber

feet would be too hard for people and the cube would be stinky after solving it so no lol
socks make your toe movements useless. it would be like solving with stumps for hands

you have a point some people might like magic, or feet.
but i still feel feet is stupid (in my opinion.)
magic is stupid since it is the same moves every time. Feet is not stupid

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 55877

Magic doesn't fit in with the other WCA events because it doesn't require any skill besides hand speed. No thinking or knowledge is required.
Feet is a bit better than magic, but I think it should still remain removed because it simply is unsanitary and also it takes up a lot of floor space.

Feet - Yes
Magic - No
and on top of that, maybe Kilominx, Master pyra, mirror blocks and 2bld(lol)?
Kilominx and master pyra is good. Mirror blocks is bad because it's just a 3x3 shape mod, and 2bld is also bad because it's literally just 2x2 but without inspection. (compared to 3bld where you actually have to use a different solving method)