• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should feet be remove from the weekly competition in 2021?

Should feet be remove from the weekly competition?

• I would like it removed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I certainly will not consider dropping feet this year. The WCA has not yet indicated that feet will be dropped officially, and I intend to support all official WCA events in the competition always. I actually think the proper thing to do is to keep any WCA event that is dropped for at least one year after it is officially dropped (so our competition can be a bit of a buffer when an official event is dropped), so the earliest I could possibly consider dropping feet would be 2021. (And by the way, I will personally vote against dropping it!)

I will probably start a new thread in the next day or two to discuss the future of the relays, so you might want to save discussion on that issue until that thread is opened.
/thread

Curious though, do you get a giant dopamine rush every time you see someone that likes feet needing to defend their event? I can't think of any other reasonable reason you would create this thread when you were literally shot down by the manager of the SS comp in that thread.

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread might be sufficient reason for me to enshrine feet with 6BLD and 7BLD as an untouchable permanent part of the weekly competition.

In any event, it is guaranteed that feet will remain for at least another year, as I have already promised that on another thread, as Kit has pointed out, and I like to honor my promises.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Feet is one of the less competed in events on the weekly comp and with it being removed officially I’m wondering what people’s thoughts on it are.
Who pissed in your Cheerios, Sam? Come off it. Not only is there not reason to remove it and every reason to keep it, just in last weeks competition (because I didn’t add up other weeks) there are 6 events with lower participation than Feet, and another 4 with not more than 5 more participants than Feet. Participation is trending up and times are trending down.

WCA
2016BAIR01
/thread

Curious though, do you get a giant dopamine rush every time you see someone that likes feet needing to defend their event? I can't think of any other reasonable reason you would create this thread when you were literally shot down by the manager of the SS comp in that thread.
At the time of that post the removal of feet hadn’t been announced yet, I’m also aware that the earliest that it could be dropped is 2021. I was just interested in what people’s thoughts were, it makes sense to discuss it sooner than later to sort it out so that if there are any changes they can be announced well in advance. The thread name has been updated for clarity.

Who pissed in your Cheerios, Sam? Come off it. Not only is there not reason to remove it and every reason to keep it, just in last weeks competition (because I didn’t add up other weeks) there are 6 events with lower participation than Feet, and another 4 with not more than 5 more participants than Feet. Participation is trending up and times are trending down.
You like to use that phrase a lot :p I posted this because of announcement for the removal is out now and I’m not sure how many people want it to be an SS event, other events I only practice because they are official and if they were removed I would stop competing in them

Last edited:

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
You like to use that phrase a lot :p
Actually I think I’ve only used it twice, both times in reference to you, because it’s applicable. Honestly trying to get feet removed from the WC is just petty. It literally hurts nobody to have it there, if you don’t like it don’t practice it.

Your campaign against feet looks like somebody who likes 3x3 WF hurt you, and you’re trying to get revenge by taking away something that they love. “Who pissed in your Cheerios” is a lighthearted way of saying that.

ichcubegerne

WCA
2013BOTZ01
Literally every reason the WCA had for removing feet doesnt apply here, so there is really no reason do delete feet^^
Also I am not a big fan of the WCA since they removed feet

Status
Not open for further replies.