• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
When should I learn CMLL? I also do 2x2, so this would also be learning CLL.
CMLL has a lot of cases which use RUD/rUD which is not good at all for 2x2. I would recommend learning CMLL whenever you have the motivation. I learned NCLL for Nautilus before I even switched to it (I ended up switching to APB instead and forgot NCLL so that's dumb).

CxLL sets get easier after you learn one so if you know CMLL than 2x2 CLL shouldn't be hard at all, I learned it in three days.

DVD Cuber

Im starting to learm Full roux but i dont know which to learn

Which is better for Roux (3x3 speedcubing)? CLL, COLL or CMLL?

-pls i need help and which one is worth learning

Brouxt Force

Which is better for Roux (3x3 speedcubing)? CLL, COLL or CMLL?
CMLL is specifically for Roux 3x3 speed solving, so that set is the most important set to learn.

CLL is for 2x2, and should only be learned if you want to improve at 2x2.There is some overlap between CLL and CMLL, so if you learn CMLL first, it will be easier to learn CLL later.

COLL is an algorithm set that is similar to CMLL, but with the added restriction that it cannot affect the orientation of any edge and it cannot move the DF and DB edges. While all of these algorithms are technically CMLL algorithms, many of them are worse than the original CMLL algorithms.

DVD Cuber

CMLL is specifically for Roux 3x3 speed solving, so that set is the most important set to learn.

CLL is for 2x2, and should only be learned if you want to improve at 2x2.There is some overlap between CLL and CMLL, so if you learn CMLL first, it will be easier to learn CLL later.

COLL is an algorithm set that is similar to CMLL, but with the added restriction that it cannot affect the orientation of any edge and it cannot move the DF and DB edges. While all of these algorithms are technically CMLL algorithms, many of them are worse than the original CMLL algorithms.
ok thanks

so, let me preface this by saying i am not really interested in very fast solves, i'm sub40 and i'm fine with that... i use roux, but i'm missing a step and would like to know what i'm doing wrong. After the F2B (white bottom, yellow top), and 2 look CMLL, I get the edges on top and bottom all yellow or white. Here is where I think I go off course. I notice that I use the bottom layer to move my edges. I always heard for the last step it was only U and M. Where am I going wrong here? thanks

unirox13

A quick video of a demo solve might be helpful. If you've done the first two blocks, left and right correctly then you should only have the middle line of the bottom layer unsolved. Thus making it impractical, and just unhelpful to turn the bottom layer.

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
I don't use roux, but I would suggest watching a video (J perm's one is good ig) but...
I also have an example solve of you want to follow it and see what is happening:

Scramble: B' D' R2 B' U2 L U' L2 D L' B2 R'F2 R' D2 R' U2 R B2 R F2

U' F U' D2 F2 D' R F' // FB
L2 U B L' B' l U2 L F' L' F L' // SB
U L' U2 L U2 L F' L' F // CMLL
M U' M U' M // EO
U M2 U // UL/UR
M U2 M U // L4E

Edit: acn link