• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
1588007147419.png
This method is the most efficient 75% of the time. 25% of the time you will get exception cases that require you to match the LR with the opposite colored block instead of the correct block.

Many pros use this technique, and I suggest you learn this for the time being

mukerflap

You’re awesome. Thank you so much!

DFDB_1.png

use this. im in a roux discord with most of the best roux solvers and its generally agreed that this is the meta for 4C recognition

mukerflap

View attachment 11972
This method is the most efficient 75% of the time. 25% of the time you will get exception cases that require you to match the LR with the opposite colored block instead of the correct block.

Many pros use this technique, and I suggest you learn this for the time being
this is an AUF prediction system, not a 4c prediction system

Rainger

DFDB_1.png

use this. im in a roux discord with most of the best roux solvers and its generally agreed that this is the meta for 4C recognition
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Muckerflap. I’m on discord too, hope to see you on there if it’s a public group.

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I average sub-12 and still don't do m2 flicks. In the last day I've tried ring middle on left hand and can't seem to find fluidity in my solves (even slow solves). Is ring middle the right approach? And how should I grip the cube to take advantage of double flicks? And how should I approach doing U2s with my left hand while double flicking?

I average sub-12 and still don't do m2 flicks. In the last day I've tried ring middle on left hand and can't seem to find fluidity in my solves (even slow solves). Is ring middle the right approach? And how should I grip the cube to take advantage of double flicks? And how should I approach doing U2s with my left hand while double flicking?
You should do M2 flicks using your dominant hand, and during that flick, use your non-dominant hand for U moves or U2s middle flicks, it may that a while or just hours.

for grips on when you are flicking M moves, you should how your thumb in the FR sticker or FL sticker (basically home grip) and for back hands, when doing flicks hold BDR sticker for your right ring finger and right middle finger, BDL for your left ring finger and left middle finger.

when you are flicking U moves, you should do home grip, and for back fingers, put your right middle finger on the BR sticker, left middle finger on the BL sticker, right ring finger on the BDR sticker, left ring finger on the BDL sticker.

Last edited:
90% of people do M2 with ring-middle, while 10% use pinkie-ring (I use pinkie-ring). I wouldn't say one style is better than the other. I use pinkie-ring just because I found it t naturally more comfortable for me. When you first start doing M2 double flicks, it will never be fluid because you simply aren't used to it. most people cant M2 with their other hand as well as their main hand.

If you want suggestions, I'd recommend using right hand for M2, and pick whatever style feels more comfortable, then stick with it. Afterwards, you will want to practice it a lot (spamming H-Perms is a really good exercise since it is only M2s). you will get better with practice.

brododragon

You should do M2 flicks using your dominant hand, and during that flick, use your non-dominant hand for U moves or U2s middle flicks, it may that a while or just hours.

for grips on when you are flicking M moves, you should how your thumb in the FR sticker or FL sticker (basically home grip) and for back hands, when doing flicks hold BDR sticker for your right ring finger and right middle finger, BDL for your left ring finger and left middle finger.

when you are flicking U moves, you should do home grip, and for back fingers, put your right middle finger on the BR sticker, left middle finger on the BL sticker, right ring finger on the BDR sticker, left ring finger on the BDL sticker.
Many people do lefty M2 flicks, even though they're not lefty.