• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

gateway cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
has anybody heard or no anything about a user called scubereo? And do any of the moderators know where he works, cause out of the blue he said he worked for amazon and wanted me to review their cubes or something. I saw he hadn't posted on the forums before so I told him to give me some proof he worked for amazon. Really weird considering I'm not world class at anything...

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
has anybody heard or no anything about a user called scubereo? And do any of the moderators know where he works, cause out of the blue he said he worked for amazon and wanted me to review their cubes or something. I saw he hadn't posted on the forums before so I told him to give me some proof he worked for amazon. Really weird considering I'm not world class at anything...
I got a message too. Again, not particularly fast.

D

Daniel Lin

has anybody heard or no anything about a user called scubereo?
got this today

Hi friend, are you still cubing? I'm from a cube retailer on amazon, would like to invite some one review our cubes. tell me in email: [email protected] if you are interested.

speaking of amazon, why don't people order there instead of from the cubicle or speedcubeshop? are the cubes worse? some of the prices on amazon are insanely cheap

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
got this today

Hi friend, are you still cubing? I'm from a cube retailer on amazon, would like to invite some one review our cubes. tell me in email: [email protected] if you are interested.

speaking of amazon, why don't people order there instead of from the cubicle or speedcubeshop? are the cubes worse? some of the prices on amazon are insanely cheap

There used to be problems with people getting cubes that weren't what they claimed to be (ordering an Aolong v2 and getting a Guanlong or something). There may be some reputable sellers on Amazon, and others to avoid, but most people just conflate those bad experiences with the entirety of Amazon itself and order elsewhere to be safe.

gateway cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just wanted to give people a heads up about the forum awards coming up in just over a month so be thinking about who deserves what...

2015 thread:https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/2015-forum-awards.56189/#post-1134712

unless somebody beats me to it, I won't include nearly as many categories...

EDIT: I'll probably be making the thread in just a few weeks so everybody has time to make their vote and announce the final results in early December.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was sent what was meant to be a G4 by an Amazon seller so I could review it and it was nothing like my other ones. I'd be very wary about what I buy on there.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just wanted to give people a heads up about the forum awards coming up in just over a month so be thinking about who deserves what...

2015 thread:https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/2015-forum-awards.56189/#post-1134712

unless somebody beats me to it, I won't include nearly as many categories...

EDIT: I'll probably be making the thread in just a few weeks so everybody has time to make their vote and announce the final results in early December.
Wait, you can hire yourself as the host?