• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Organizing big events is not easy. It takes communication skills and experience to get a venue, get tables, equipment, etc. setup. It is a lot easier if you are in contact with people who have done it before.

Lilas ma

YouTube
Visit Channel
Organizing big events is not easy. It takes communication skills and experience to get a venue, get tables, equipment, etc. setup. It is a lot easier if you are in contact with people who have done it before.
I dont think we need stack mats and maybe I have a big place and we can just bring 20 timers because there are no cubers in syria (I mean not so much ) that's all , it looks easy

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I dont think we need stack mats and maybe I have a big place and we can just bring 20 timers because there are no cubers in syria (I mean not so much ) that's all , it looks easy
If you're doing an official competition you need stackmat timers, but usually delegates have enough.

Reactions: qwr

Delta Phi

WCA
2014DEYA01
Hi guys, recently I've started practicing clock, and thats because only recently was I able to actually open up by clock with a chisel so I could perform this mod. As you see, I glued on custom made clock faces, because the printed clock faces were all misaligned so that it was extremely difficult for me to decide whether or not I had actually solved the puzzle. I did it a little ad hoc because I wasn't sure it was going to still work, so the cutting/hole punching/arrows are a bit shoddy.
38D845A5-E02B-4278-BABC-0740A4261A85.jpeg4B17ADCB-AF95-4EE3-B69B-843C91195647.jpeg
Is it legal as is? Would I have to replace the faces with more uniform printed faces?

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys, recently I've started practicing clock, and thats because only recently was I able to actually open up by clock with a chisel so I could perform this mod. As you see, I glued on custom made clock faces, because the printed clock faces were all misaligned so that it was extremely difficult for me to decide whether or not I had actually solved the puzzle. I did it a little ad hoc because I wasn't sure it was going to still work, so the cutting/hole punching/arrows are a bit shoddy.
View attachment 14149View attachment 14150
Is it legal as is? Would I have to replace the faces with more uniform printed faces?
Those are definitely distinguishable and not legal, particularly the purple cut-outs on the Middle Right and the Upper Right.
As far as I know though, if you are able to execute this well enough, custom inserts should be perfectly legal.

xyzzy

Ah yes, the Lingao with its garbage registration.

They're definitely illegal under current WCA regs, but I see this as a sign that maybe the regs are overly/needlessly strict on what clocks should look like. (Then again, as people start getting the Shengshou or Qiyi clocks and the Lingaos fade into obscurity, this should also stop being a problem.)

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
If you are using the Repulsion 3x3 and stop the time with the puzzle right at 45 degrees, but then the magnets spin it so it is less than 45 degrees, is it still a legal solve?
I don't see why it wouldn't be. It would probably have to be as you're dropping the cube, just like normal magnets perfectly align the last layer on your last turn as you're dropping it.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
does it count as a solve when your cube is solve but one center cap falls off or maybe a plastic cap on a corner or in a edge?

xyzzy

If you are using the Repulsion 3x3 and stop the time with the puzzle right at 45 degrees, but then the magnets spin it so it is less than 45 degrees, is it still a legal solve?
Yep. The regs make it clear that only the final resting state of the puzzle counts. If somehow you managed to make a super-low-friction cube and left the U layer spinning, the judge would have to wait for it to stop to decide whether it's a +2 or not.

10b) Only the resting state of the puzzle, after the timer has been stopped, is considered.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel