• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Do I have to bring any identification to my first comp?
If it is your first comp then I believe that you should have some form of identification (which the delegate should confirm) before your results are submitted, unless you already created a WCA account and entered your personal information there.

• 2b) Competitors below the age of 18 must obtain consent from their parent(s)/guardian(s) to register and compete.
  • 2c) Competitors register by providing all information required by the organization team (including: name, country, date of birth, gender, contact information, selected events).
    • 2c1) A competitor is not eligible to compete without a completed registration, as determined by the organization team.
    • 2c2) Returning competitors must provide personal information consistent with their WCA profile. If a competitor wishes to change or update their personal information between competitions (e.g. a change of nationality, name, or gender), they must contact the WCA Results Team.

Hazel

Premium Member
If it is your first comp then I believe that you should have some form of identification (which the delegate should confirm) before your results are submitted, unless you already created a WCA account and entered your personal information there.

• 2b) Competitors below the age of 18 must obtain consent from their parent(s)/guardian(s) to register and compete.
  • 2c) Competitors register by providing all information required by the organization team (including: name, country, date of birth, gender, contact information, selected events).
    • 2c1) A competitor is not eligible to compete without a completed registration, as determined by the organization team.
    • 2c2) Returning competitors must provide personal information consistent with their WCA profile. If a competitor wishes to change or update their personal information between competitions (e.g. a change of nationality, name, or gender), they must contact the WCA Results Team.
I haven't heard of anybody ever needing identification to compete before. When you register online, isn't that in itself supposed to be confirmation that your parents consent?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I haven't heard of anybody ever needing identification to compete before. When you register online, isn't that in itself supposed to be confirmation that your parents consent?
I do agree that most often then not you will not need it (especially since you registered online) but if it your first comp then it does not hurt to have on you/with you, in case it is needed. I have yet to see someone need it, but I also have heard that sometimes it might be needed, so again it is better to have it then not for your first comp.

Hazel

Premium Member
I do agree that most often then not you will not need it (especially since you registered online) but if it your first comp then it does not hurt to have on you/with you, in case it is needed. I have yet to see someone need it, but I also have heard that sometimes it might be needed, so again it is better to have it then not for your first comp.
Good point. Most likely it isn't needed, but it doesn't hurt to bring it just in case.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
There's a regulation saying that if the cube is unsolvable, and can be solved with a single corner twist, the competitor may twist it back without penalty. Does that mean you have to do it during the solve, or afterwards? So I could be doing a Sune, then have an impossible case, continue doing PLL, stop timer, then twist the cubie?

SM cubing

WCA
2018MACK04
hey so i got a 13.9 OH single at clash at carlisle fall but it was misentered as a 13.2 on cubecomps. i messaged keaton on instagram about it but i feel like i should do more. (also failed out of podium because of a 13.71 plus 2 and a counting 19 ):< )