• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

nop

WCA
2019MORD01
Hope this is in the right place. Are all penalties (like inspection +2 ) shown explicitly in competition result scores? I can't find this information anywhere, and wonder if I got any +2s during inspection (first competition). it just shows my times, so I assume not...and I can't find anybody with one in their record.

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
MikeHughey1
Hope this is in the right place. Are all penalties (like inspection +2 ) shown explicitly in competition result scores? I can't find this information anywhere, and wonder if I got any +2s during inspection (first competition). it just shows my times, so I assume not...and I can't find anybody with one in their record.
No, these have never been explicitly tracked. They are (supposed to be) on the physical scoresheets, but are never entered in the database.

Does anyone know if and where I can find WCA incident reports from before 2016?
This page only seems to show incidents from 2016 onwards.

Last edited:
WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
channel/UCXxvOAAJVVoR7UfjeAv_bjA
I was intending to upload an avatar for my WCA profile today, but then I double checked the guidelines that appear next to it and saw this:

• All avatars should be pictures of real persons.

So my sister drew this neat rainbow/collage series of our family for school and I thought it would be cool if that was my profile picture.
But does "real person" mean the direct photograph of someone or more like not a cat? Or is it open to interpretation and it just depends on the stance of the person of verifies it?

I was intending to upload an avatar for my WCA profile today, but then I double checked the guidelines that appear next to it and saw this:

• All avatars should be pictures of real persons.

So my sister drew this neat rainbow/collage series of our family for school and I thought it would be cool if that was my profile picture.
But does "real person" mean the direct photograph of someone or more like not a cat? Or is it open to interpretation and it just depends on the stance of the person of verifies it?
I believe that if you as a person are recognizable, it will be fine.

Try uploading it and see I guess.