• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to a competition this weekend where the time limit for megaminx is 3:00. I'm registered for megaminx, but my pb single is 5:57. I have virtually no chance of actually completing an attempt. Does this rule mean that I should withdraw from megaminx?
I would personally not do an event I can't get the hard cutoff for (except of course BLD), just because unnecessary DNFs in my profile don't look good and are kinda pointless.
If it was the soft cutoff, I would say go for it, because you can still get a result. I did that three times at my last competition, I never got to finish the average, but I still got a time.
As Ranzha said,
The competition organi[z]ers would probably appreciate if you withdrew from Megaminx in order to save time.

cubeflip

WCA
2009HAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Question: At my last competition somebody told me what my unofficial-official average of 100 in competition is. Where do I find that? I couldn't find it on the WCA Statistics page.

Thank you

Edit: I was told my avg100 was 9.90, so I would expect it to have gone down since this last competition.

Last edited:

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Question: At my last competition somebody told me what my unofficial-official average of 100 in competition is. Where do I find that? I couldn't find it on the WCA Statistics page.

Thank you

Edit: I was told my avg100 was 9.90, so I would expect it to have gone down since this last competition.

Sorry, got it wrong. It's 9.87. Forgot to drop top and bottom 5%

xchippy

For timer starts, do I have to have everything that is on the timer my fingers, or can I just have a tiny bit of fingers with palm on the timer so I could get a good cube pickup?

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wait, it doesn't have to be ONLY fingertips? That's how I've always understood (and enforced) it.
yeah, I heard that in China they got that reg wrong as well (because translation likely) and so they were more strict about regarding timer starts, probably unfair slight disadvantage for events like 2x2 for them

maybe this should be cleared up in a future version of the regs?