• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you have to register your legal gender on your wca account thingy? I’m trans and i cant change my legal gender yet but i’d hate to be required to have female on my public wca account, that would really not be good for my mental health
Relevant regs:
  • 2c) Competitors register by providing all information required by the organization team (including: name, country, date of birth, gender, contact information, selected events).
    • 2c2) Returning competitors must provide personal information consistent with their WCA profile. If a competitor wishes to change or update their personal information between competitions (e.g. a change of nationality, name, or gender), they must contact the WCA Results Team.
  • 2d) A competitor's name, country, gender, and competition results are considered public information. All other personal information is considered confidential, and must not be disclosed to outside organizations/persons without the consent of the competitor.

I know there are several trans cubers who have changed their gender, so if you haven't competed yet then I'm sure you can choose which gender identity you want displayed.