• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

WCA
2019RAMI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I popped when I am finished with the solve, I stopped the timer but the cube didn't touch the mat yet and it popped, what penalty do I get?

Disclaimer: I am a noob when it comes to the huge WCA regulations.
Depends. if the cube pops and doesn't touch any of your body parts while you are stopping the timer, might want to read this:
    • If some parts of the puzzle are physically detached or not fully placed at the end of the solve, the following regulations apply:
      • 5b5a) If one or more parts without colored faces are affected, the puzzle is considered solved.
      • 5b5b) If one part with one colored face is affected, the puzzle is considered solved.
      • 5b5c) If more than one part with one colored face is affected, the puzzle is considered unsolved (DNF).
      • 5b5d) If one or more parts with more than one colored face are affected, the puzzle is considered unsolved (DNF).
      • 5b5e) Regulations 5b5c and 5b5d supersede 5b5a and 5b5b.
If it's touching any part of your body and you stop the timer before moving the cube away from ur body, I'm pretty sure that's a DNF

Chinmay47

Is the YuXin Kylin V2M competition legal? Cause I guess it is all tiles except the centre caps. And according to WCA, the puzzle can either have only tiles or only stickers.

Though I heard that it was the main for some of the famous cubers like Collin Burns.

And I am only talking about the black version, not the transparent one.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
But according to the review of Lights Camera Cubing, he said that we can only use it for blind or remove the centre cap logo cause its a sticker.

Was he drunk? The only time cubes allowed for 3x3 aren't allowed for blind are if there's something on one of the center caps that's different from the others(I.e: a sticker or indentation). And if it's legal for BLD it's legal for 3x3

Chinmay47

Was he drunk? The only time cubes allowed for 3x3 aren't allowed for blind are if there's something on one of the center caps that's different from the others(I.e: a sticker or indentation). And if it's legal for BLD it's legal for 3x3
He might not be drunk! But your logic is completely valid buddy! This might be my next main now!

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Kylin is definitely comp legal, but in regards to this statement:
Though I heard that it was the main for some of the famous cubers like Collin Burns.
Collin Burns stopped cubing like 3 or 4 years ago, way before the Kylin V2 came out. He used the original Yuxin 3x3 (Not the Little magic, this was before that) on the 5.25.

Chinmay47

"The logo is a sticker though so you could peel this of if you want to use this cube for blind or if you just don't like the logo"
0:33-0:39

You must have heard something else.
That's what I am saying buddy! He says that the center is a stickers though and can't be peeled off!

Kauhu

Stickerless puzzles are legal in competition, as are magnetic puzzles.
Is there something about your cube that you think would make it problematic?

If it's just a normal cube, there should be no reason for it to be not legal.
It has a logo sticker in the middle that I can feel