• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
There isn't much to elaborate on. It's a very simple feature that lets you save up to 3 times. Nobody uses it really.
The save and play button features are actually meant for sport stacking (since that was the original use of the timer). You can save 3 times because you are supposed to save your best 3-3-3, 3-6-3, and Cycle times (Those are the 3 main events in speed stacking).

Kaiju_cube

Confused by the brand names with (offbrand) names first. D-fantiX, Cuberspeed, etc.

I only own five cubes (five 3x3 and two 2x2). I notice whenever I shop on Amazon a lot of brand names have 'other' names in front of them. Like I bought a Moyu Weilong GTS3 M, but it's listed as a LiangCuber Moyu Weilong GTS3 M, I bought another Meilong and it's listed as CuberSpeed Moyu Meilong 3x3 M Magnetic, I bought a Gan 356 lite and it's listed as Cuberspeed Gan 356 M Lite, ... you get the idea.

Now I can search through all the results and try find for example a Gan cube from the Gan store that looks identical and comes with the same stuff, but it doesn't say 'Cuberspeed' in front of the title.

Mostly I'm confused why these name brands have another brand name preceding them in the listing?

Pretty sure I should just start ordering from The Cubicle but I have to admit sometimes it's just too easy to open the Amazon app and order a new cube.

the cubes I have seem nice, they don't seem like knockoffs or anything. I'm just curious why it was listed as CuberSpeed Gan and not just 'Gan'.

Thanks for any info offered. Usually I just lurk but this question has been really bugging me lately. I see so many 'D-FantiX' cubes on Amazon and I'm like, "Who the heck are these guys?"

Last edited:

Kaiju_cube

I think I found the answer last night after a bunch of googling. D-FantiX is just a webstore. I have no idea why they're putting their name in front of cube listings, or why the other stores are doing it either.

That's like saying it's not a Rubiks Cube,.. it's a Walmart Rubiks Cube.

Anyway I was worried somehow a couple of the cubes I bought were licensed 'versions' and not the real thing, but it appears they're the real thing, just listed in a really weird way on Amazon.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
One of my youtube project ideas is to make a stackmat timer display. The easy way to do this is with a LED matrix display because large seven-seg displays require manual wiring and for some reason are much more expensive (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001649607621.html) although if I actually complete this project I might try to wire it up later

So can someone who has a stackmat display tell me how tall the numbers are? I guess 2 inches

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
One of my youtube project ideas is to make a stackmat timer display. The easy way to do this is with a LED matrix display because large seven-seg displays require manual wiring and for some reason are much more expensive (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001649607621.html) although if I actually complete this project I might try to wire it up later

So can someone who has a stackmat display tell me how tall the numbers are? I guess 2 inches

I just measured on mine. They are slightly slanted, but the height (not side length) is almost exactly 1.75

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just measured on mine. They are slightly slanted, but the height (not side length) is almost exactly 1.75
ok ty. I was even looking at 4" and 6" digits before realizing those were way too big and would probably draw too much current (I've had weird things happen when trying to hookup very long LED strips in SPI daisy-chained)