• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is Lubicle 1 still relevant? Or is dignitas the better yet slower stickier version of Lubicle 1?

I noticed that TC doesn't use it in any of their setups. Is it just a lube that you would use on older used cubes? (For the repair properties)

I'm looking for a fast lube for my Gan 356 M, RS3M 2020, and MGC 4x4. (All new cubes) I already have a couple heavier silicone lubes, and they are slow and sticky feeling.

EDIT: I was thinking of adding Lubicle 1 as a protectant, work it in, then add a mix of DMN-37 and a lower weight silicone to slow down if needed. Something like Lubicle speedy. Thoughts?

I don't know if Lubicle 1 actually protects plastic. I think it is similar to DNM, maybe a little better.
My experience is if you don't want a sticky feeling, just use water based lubes or something fast like mystic.

Gerry

I hate the sticky feeling. I hate the loud squishy sound it makes, I hate how it's hard to start a turn then it flies once it moves. I actually preferred my 4x4 when it was dry. Sure it was slower, but it wasn't sticky. Which is unfortunate, cuz I'll never be able to tear it down to clean it out. It's basically ruined. I just hope it will dry out.

It's not the magnets either. I have a dry RS3M to compare it to. Both have stock magnets.

In theory could I get away with using DNM-37, and Angstrom X to get the desired speed? Or maybe Gravitas, and Dignitas as a base, then DNM, and X for the speed I want.

I'm sick of trying lubes one at a time. I want to just grab a few from TC, and be done with it. (For Gan 356 M, RS3M 2020, and MGC 4x4)

From what I've read, the Angstrom lubes are only sticky for the first few solves, then it goes away.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I hate the sticky feeling. I hate the loud squishy sound it makes, I hate how it's hard to start a turn then it flies once it moves. I actually preferred my 4x4 when it was dry. Sure it was slower, but it wasn't sticky. Which is unfortunate, cuz I'll never be able to tear it down to clean it out. It's basically ruined. I just hope it will dry out.

It's not the magnets either. I have a dry RS3M to compare it to. Both have stock magnets.

In theory could I get away with using DNM-37, and Angstrom X to get the desired speed? Or maybe Gravitas, and Dignitas as a base, then DNM, and X for the speed I want.

I'm sick of trying lubes one at a time. I want to just grab a few from TC, and be done with it. (For Gan 356 M, RS3M 2020, and MGC 4x4)

From what I've read, the Angstrom lubes are only sticky for the first few solves, then it goes away.
Yeah, I have the angstrom lubes in my 3x3, a bit slow at first but it smooths out well and is only slightly slower, which you can compensate for with dnm

YouTube
Visit Channel
I only buy a new cube when I feel like I really need one. If you are thinking of a new cube, ask yourself 'Do I really need this?" At least that's what I do. So I only buy cubes when I'm getting into a new event, or when I just feel like I really really want a new cube, but that's pretty rare.

WCA
2019NAIR09
I only buy a new cube when I feel like I really need one. If you are thinking of a new cube, ask yourself 'Do I really need this?" At least that's what I do. So I only buy cubes when I'm getting into a new event, or when I just feel like I really really want a new cube, but that's pretty rare.
I get where you're coming from and I do that every time but I also end up asking myself "What if I was wrong and this could be my new main?", so this ends up making me confused on buying cubes.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I get where you're coming from and I do that every time but I also end up asking myself "What if I was wrong and this could be my new main?", so this ends up making me confused on buying cubes.
If I'm using the Valk 3 M, and somehow I get a Cubicle Proshop gan 11 M pro UV Coated, of course it's going to be my new main. However, the Valk 3 M was fine. Don't think about getting a new main. Think about if your current main is needed to be switched and if it does, get a new main.
However, with non-wca puzzles, this would be different.

Sub1Hour

I really only buy cubes when something new comes out that I really want, mostly square-1s and big cubes. When the MGC Line came out I got the 6x6 basically right after they came out, and about a month after the 4 and 7 came out. When the square-1 came out, I just waited for the angstrom version to come out and when Calvin Neilson made a few videos on it recommending it. I don't really care about other hardware, The only time I bought a brand new puzzle that wasn't a big cube or squan it was when the qiyi clock came out.

But whenever you have the means necessary and want to buy something, then go for it, especially if it's included in a sale or something.

Last edited:

Thom S.

Last time I bought a cube was my 4x4 in March 2018. My Qiyi Sq-1 has like 30.000 solves easily and it still works great, so I'd say there is no 'need' to buy new cubes if you invest in a good one.