• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I completely disagree with this. The top cubers can get good times (by our plebeian standards) on any halfway-usable cube, but they get their best times on magnetic cubes. For people looking to be competitive, magnets are not optional. (For the regular 3×3×3 event, that is. Some people still prefer no magnets for OH or blind-solving, but those events involve different turning styles.)
Yeah I actually agree now that I was reading through this. Just to clarify, I’d say pro Cubers need magnets to be super competitive, but can still achieve very fast times without them!

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My speedstacks G4 timer recently started stopping at .006 seconds every time I plugged it in to CSTimer, But it doesn't do this when I don't have it plugged in. If anybody has this problem or knows how to fix it, please let me know!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
My speedstacks G4 timer recently started stopping at .006 seconds every time I plugged it in to CSTimer, But it doesn't do this when I don't have it plugged in. If anybody has this problem or knows how to fix it, please let me know!
When did you purchase the timer?

Our local cubing group has been having a ton of issues with SpeedStack's Gen 4 timers and displays, even though most are less then 2 years (and some less then 2 months) old. We are currently working on the issues and trying to figure out what is causing them to act up.

The timers either don't work on the hand sensor part, or when we plug them in they do weird things.

If once we find a solution, I will let you know.

MarkA64

Question on Gan X center piece travel:

Which of the 3 settings is tightest, 0.6, 0.8, or 1.0?

ketchupcuber

i have a gen 4 timer but dont have a wire to plug in to computer was this included in the timer or maybe you have to get one specifically please tell me how i can get this its becoming increasingly annoying to type in my times