• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

please answer these questions fro my upcoming youtube vids

Question 2 what is your favorite cubing brand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackJack13

question 1 short answer text what do you think about the speedcubing brand GanCube?

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
question 1 short answer text what do you think about the speedcubing brand GanCube?
I think they're overpriced. I've tried a couple Gan cubes and haven't really got a setup that I really like. I think they're good for rough turners and the older ones (before frosted plastic) would probably be good for competing because the pressure causes you to turn rougher and faster. Also I hate frosted plastic so I don't see myself going to get any new Gan cubes

Last edited:
WCA
2019HENK01
I have tried two GAN 3x3s, SM and 354 and both are completely trash and I am around 4-5s slower. As GAN hasn't really changed their base model since 2017 it doesn't really matter that those two are older cubes. And they are overpriced af. Imo GAN is literally the worst cube brand.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wanted to add that one game changer about GAN cubes for me is the removal of the tighter GES nuts a while back. I know GAN felt like they were unnecessary but the yellow GES nuts (the tightest as of now) are just too loose for me. If they would add even one setting of GES nuts that's tighter than yellow, I would likely purchase the 354 V2, as I really liked the 354 except that it didn't have a GES setting tight enough.

brododragon

I wanted to add that one game changer about GAN cubes for me is the removal of the tighter GES nuts a while back. I know GAN felt like they were unnecessary but the yellow GES nuts (the tightest as of now) are just too loose for me. If they would add even one setting of GES nuts that's tighter than yellow, I would likely purchase the 354 V2, as I really liked the 354 except that it didn't have a GES setting tight enough.
That's the nice thing about screws, you can make it whatever you want.

They're too cheap to make cores out of metal, so instead they make them out of plastic and pretend it's a good thing.

JackJack13

I think there great for peple like me with a soft turning style the yt vids Ia m making are going to be very interesting though

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
This is actually so hard for me.

....i love them all lol

For me its definitely between MoYu and QiYi, but I love YuXin's color schemes and Little Magic line so much....

I can't vote for GAN because... while they have amazing 3x3s, I'm not just a 3x3 solver.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's the nice thing about screws, you can make it whatever you want.
yeah but the thing is if I have loose springs in a cube, then if I make the cube even loose enough to corner cut 45° the cube will just fall apart in my hand. If I have tight springs in a cube, I can make the cube loose enough to cut about anywhere and the cube will still be stable.
if i could i would be sponsored by qiyi
yup I totally agree. The crispy, crunchy feel of their cubes, especially big cubes, is just unmatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.