• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eduard Khil

What is a DIY Cube and how is it better than speed cubes today?
A DIY cube, short for "Do It Yourself" is a cube that comes disassembled. Previous generation speedcubes (like C4U, type A, etc) sometimes provide a diy option. The main advantage is that you don't have to disassemble and replace the stickers for those who want to lubricate, tension and sticker their cube their own way.

Now diy modern cubes (moyu, gans) are still available at some cube stores, however it takes a lot more effort and skill to set it up compared to a pre-assembled cube.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
This must have been answered already but I can't find it, sorry. What is the best glue to use for mending cubies? Any particular type of glue that works well, or any type to avoid?

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been away from cubing for years, and don't know what's the consensus on best cubes to buy for all main puzzles? 2-7, mega, and I guess skewb cause it's official now? And where is everybody buying puzzles now?
for 2x2, get the Dayan 2x2
for 3x3, the weilong GTS/Guoguan Yuexiao, or if you want a faster cube, get the Weilong v1 or v2.

midnightcuber

I have been looking to put tiles on my Moyu Weilong GTS, but it appears cubesmith disappeared. Where can I buy tiles at this point?

Alex Hughes

Hi,

I am currently using both qqtimer and cstimer, but was wonder if anyone has a cool custom layout/color scheme they want to share for either of these timers? I've been messing around with my colors for a while, but have nothing that I really like.

Thanks.

D

Daniel Lin

monospace scrambles are off
top bar color: #blue
background color: #black
text color: #00ff00
link color: #00ff00
highlight color: #yellow
memorization colour: #green

looks pretty nice

NatetheCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I just got a QiYi Square-1 for my birthday back in January and I had not gotten into much until recently. I decided to work with it more and I even took it apart to lube and tension it. After that I noticed that my Square-1 became a bit looser after a few solves. I noticed to screw was unscrewed just a little bit. I ignored it and I kept solving and it had not gone any looser. I do not think it is a stripped core and I have even tried to reduce friction between to screw to help it but it didn't work. Please help!!!

midnightcuber

I have a Moyu Weisu, and it is alright, but no matter how I tension it, it pops. Also, I have lubed it with jig-a-loo (full disassembly and a coat to the internal sides of the pieces except the core), but I am not very satisfied with the turning. Any suggestions on how to gain the perfect tension and possible mods for the popping? (I scoured the forums for this stuff)