• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

lerenard

I keep locking up on my Weilong v2. I don't have problems with overshooting, it just doesn't gets caught, especially when I'm trying to do G-perms and stuff really quickly the layers misalign and stuff. I haven't lubed or tensioned it since I got it ~3 weeks ago. How can I stop locking up?

WCA
2014TIUA01
I keep locking up on my Weilong v2. I don't have problems with overshooting, it just doesn't gets caught, especially when I'm trying to do G-perms and stuff really quickly the layers misalign and stuff. I haven't lubed or tensioned it since I got it ~3 weeks ago. How can I stop locking up?

Then tension it!

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
I have a Calvin's Square 1 and some of the caps on the pieces fall off constantly. Would super gluing the caps be recommended?

avantagomese

Where can I get a Black 57mm Aolong V1 still? It's discontinued, so I can't find anywhere except lubix but they charge like $8 for shipping.

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
Should I tighten it or loosen it? Sorry I'm a noob. Everytime I try to change something about my cubes, they get worse D:

Maybe try loosening it up so it doesn't lock up as much. If it's too loose, just tighten it up a little until you get it to a preferable tension. Also try to make sure each side is tensioned equally.. I believe JRCuber has a video about tensioning that might be useful.. :)

Where can I get a Black 57mm Aolong V1 still? It's discontinued, so I can't find anywhere except lubix but they charge like $8 for shipping.

Hmm.. Can't see it anywhere.. Maybe on Amazon or something but not at any cubing stores.. If I do find a store that has a Black 57mm Aolong V1, I'll edit this post (Or someone else can beat me to it. ._.)

JediJupiter

WCA
2014DICK01
I have a Calvin's Square 1 and some of the caps on the pieces fall off constantly. Would super gluing the caps be recommended?
You could but I wouldn't, I was told at a competition that the only use for cigarette papers is wedging them between the caps of square-1s. So stick some thin paper or cigarette paper if you happen to have some just to make the gap tighter. Don't smoke, kids!

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
How do people get their Dayan 2x2s so fast? Mine is sort of smooth but there is a lot of static friction (force needed to start a turn?) I've tried a Dayan 2x2 that is sooo sooooo fast and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried Maru, weight 2, and nothing works.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do people get their Dayan 2x2s so fast? Mine is sort of smooth but there is a lot of static friction (force needed to start a turn?) I've tried a Dayan 2x2 that is sooo sooooo fast and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried Maru, weight 2, and nothing works.
I would like to know this as well. My Dayan 2x2 is horrible, but everyone else's that I have tried it amazing.

brian724080

Same here. If I loosen it, it will just pop all the time. It's gotten better since I first got it, but there's too much static friction (hard to start turning, and jerks when turned slowly too).

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
(Is this question in the right place?)

Would it be best to use cubes that fit how good you are at cubing? Like using a slower cube if another feels too fast for you? I have a Gans3 V3 but it kinda feels a bit flimsy.. Will I get used to it over a couple solves or should I just switch back to my Guanlong then use the Gans3 when I get faster? ..I'm sub-30 by the way..

Last edited:

brian724080

(Is this question in the right place?)

Would it be best to use cubes that fit how good you are at cubing? Like using a slower cube if another feels too fast for you? I have a Gans3 V3 but it kinda feels a bit flimsy.. Will I get used to it over a couple solves or should I just switch back to my Guanlong then use the Gans3 when I get faster? ..I'm sub-30 by the way..

I don't think that your average should decide which cube you choose, as long as it is a speedcube. You should be choosing a cube that feels comfortable in hand and feels well to you. For example, although my Aolong v1 is slightly faster than my Aolong v2, I can't get it to work well as it feels too flimsy, and I'd get corner twists every ten or so solves. Just choose the cube you like, so if you can't get used to the Gans v3, switch back to your Guanlong.

richardye1

i got a guanlong and want to put washers in them. Which type of hardware is compatible with these. I know its a 56mm puzzle so its strange.
Thanks