• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Milominx

i only inspect cross dont lookahead and know full pll and i am sub-20 you dont need lookahead i would say i recommend learning full pll

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
lookahead is something that once you know the concept you will just be getting better and better at. I recommend watching a lookahead vid, then learning PLL.
Im not 100% sure I can solve a pair without looking, and I feel like I should learn more advanced f2l cases, so im not sure I can lookahead, but I'll keep in mind when I do F2L.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m just going to say that you don’t “learn” lookahead, it just comes with practice.
Yeah i guess. But first I should be able to do all f2l cases blindfolded with 100% confidence, and that means learning advanced f2l. Then I should then do slow solves with lookahead so I could see how the pieces move, and practice till I can go almost my normal speed with lookahead.

DNF_Cuber

Yeah i guess. But first I should be able to do all f2l cases blindfolded with 100% confidence, and that means learning advanced f2l. Then I should then do slow solves with lookahead so I could see how the pieces move, and practice till I can go almost my normal speed with lookahead.
Advanced f2l doesn't mean algs. It is mainly inserting to all slots and taking advantage of empty slots.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Advanced f2l doesn't mean algs. It is mainly inserting to all slots and taking advantage of empty slots.
yeah, i have to learn all the cases.

I think I will try to review all of the f2l cases and change my algs if there is a better one, and then after that I will try to do slow solves and lookahead, and then learn full PLL.

Last edited: