• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My quest for Sub 8 Petrus

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
PapaSmurf Cubes
Week 3 started, see main post for updates. Plus, @Tao Yu and @2180161, any advice for expanding and lookahead? If I go slowly, my movecount drops a lot, but it takes forever for me to find the pieces.
Go for the go slowly one and keep the same D colour. Also, make sure that the final 2x2x3 is built in the back. That's pretty key.

Week 3 started, see main post for updates. Plus, @Tao Yu and @2180161, any advice for expanding and lookahead? If I go slowly, my movecount drops a lot, but it takes forever for me to find the pieces.
I don't use Petrus, but for me, I was just doing some untimed solves and then *snap* lookahead=amazing. Obviously not amazing to a top cuber level, but I went from very very little to wayyyyy more.