• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, no. My parents have like this internet policy thing. Plus, I can’t even ‘legally’ have a youtube account. I can do constructions and descriptions though, even if it dampens the whole ‘how do you solve’ effect.
You can see some of my speed/fmc solutions at the bottom of the How to get faster using the Petrus Method Guide

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
It’s been 68 days since I started my sub 8 quest. I am now averaging 25 seconds, which doesn’t seem like a big improvement, but is actually quite a lot, considering I was averaging high twenties on September 23rd. My first block has become a lot more efficient, I have learnt almost 3 COLL sets, and most important of all, I have improved my 2x2x3 greatly. Now it’s just a bunch of cases to me, which I see, and formulate a plan for. I can still, obviously improve, turn it into a series of F2L algs, but I think that’s done at long last for now. I’ll be moving onto edge orientation tomorrow.

Could anybody more experienced then me point out the most efficient way to do EO? I currently find a pair of bad edges, fix, find next set, fix, and so on. I occasionally see 4 edges simultaneously and manage a 4 bad edges alg. Should I stop doing this, and work on two stages: Finding the bad edges, Executing algs as fast as possibe.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that the more you do EO, the easier it will become, but if I were you, try to focus on the bad edges as you finish the 2x2x3 every time. It will be weird and difficult, but the more you do it the easier the transition will be.
Thanks! So what you’re saying is to find the edges, then fix them, but find them during 2x2x3 to take up as little time as possible.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Papasmurf, your alg for COLL L6 doesn’t seem to work. I get a headlights every time I try it.

Ok never mind, I’m an idiot and misread the alg.

I got another one anyway, my original OCLL one.
(U2) F’ r U R’ U’ r’ F R F’

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
More of EO practise, also just casually doing some slow solving and looking out for move count. I’m really lazy at learning algs, so L COLLs once again.

Also guys, do you think I should post some example solves? They could show my progress and also provide opportunity for critique. They are time consuming so maybe monthly?

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just got Pi and H left! Then full ZBLL...
I’ve always been thinking that I’m really inefficient every time I solve, due to watching Lars’ 40ish move solves, even if they were FMC so being 20 moves behind seemed like a big jump.