• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Supersmash213

Help! My V-Cube 5 Core is Broken!

Hi all!

I was solving my V-Cube 5 today and I dropped it. Long story short, the core split in half along the middle... I'm thinking about supergluing it back together but I'm worried that it could prevent it from turning or something like that. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what to do. If anyone has some advice, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures, by the way? I'm not sure how to do that but I would like to show what my core looks like. Thanks.

McCuber16

YouTube
Visit Channel
You should try super glueing it then sand off any excess glue. If it falls apart again, then you can contact V-Cubes and order another core from them. However, Shengshous are a cheap alternative from V-Cubes. My Lan Lan center piece broke and I super glued it, The turning has been compromised slightly but it still is fine.

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had my SS 5 core snap in half like yours and supergluing it made it only last one solve before it collapsed on me again. I managed to get several extra V-5 cores from V-Cubes though, so I ended up switching back to those.

narwhal

Broken Lanlan 4x4

I recently was playing with my lanlan 4 by 4 when i heard a snap and the cube had a huge explosion. i examined it and noticed one of the stalks on a center piece had broken off. i tried to glue it a couple of times but after assembling it the piece broke after a few moves. is there anything i can do to fix it? if not where can i get a replacement part? thanks!:)

Johnnyman318

This happened to me... I tried gluing it back on with superglue and after a day it broke off. The stock is a stress point, and won't really be fixed. I guess you'll have to buy a new piece or cube unless someone else knows how to fix it.

LukeMata11

You'll be fine.. i just smashed my 4x4 cus i couldnt get good solves, and i am about to build it again . It wont be sturdy enough to pick up unitl the first three layers are built, its pretty tough to build though good luck