• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

no-perm

YouTube
Visit Channel
i dissasembled my wuque and had this thing on the center in the wrong spot and it was really bad. maybe change the possition of that. (its the little thing next to the screw that pertrudes from the center)

CMace26

Ok so basically my 4x4 popped, and while trying to fix it, ( i dunno how to ) the entire thing just exploded and now i have a million little pieces that i dont know how to put back together plz help. The 4x4 is a sheng shou mr m 4x4

xyzzy

Ok so basically my 4x4 popped, and while trying to fix it, ( i dunno how to ) the entire thing just exploded and now i have a million little pieces that i dont know how to put back together plz help. The 4x4 is a sheng shou mr m 4x4
Look for a video tutorial on YouTube. Most modern 4×4×4s use essentially the same design, just with different proportions here and there, and you can assemble them in the same way.

Cl3ver Cubing

Yesterday I decided to dissasemble and clean my MoYu Aosu 4x4. I watched JRCubers tutorial on how to reassemble it and followed that. When the assembling was done I was super happy!
That’s when I tried turning it... and realise that I cannot turn any of the inner layers.
I’ve dissasembled and reassembled it once after, but got the same problem.
If you have any tips that could help me, please tell me!
Thank you!

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yesterday I decided to dissasemble and clean my MoYu Aosu 4x4. I watched JRCubers tutorial on how to reassemble it and followed that. When the assembling was done I was super happy!
That’s when I tried turning it... and realise that I cannot turn any of the inner layers.
I’ve dissasembled and reassembled it once after, but got the same problem.
If you have any tips that could help me, please tell me!
Thank you!
I don't know for sure but I had a similar problem with my aosu gts m. Does it not turn at all, or does it just have super big lockups and you have to sort of turn the internals pieces to line it up?

Cl3ver Cubing

I don't know for sure but I had a similar problem with my aosu gts m. Does it not turn at all, or does it just have super big lockups and you have to sort of turn the internals pieces to line it up?

It has such big lockups that I can’t turn it at all.

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
You're both describing what happens when some of the notches on the inner centers (alignment mechanism) are oriented wrong.

Loosen the tensions for easier access, reach between the center pieces with something thin like a screwdriver, and manually turn the notches until an obvious click happens and the piece properly sets into place. It will lower a bit, so you can't miss it. If some center's notch isn't turnable at all, it means it's already set correctly.

The end result should be that all the notches aren't turnable anymore, and the centerpieces themselves sit deep and tight.

More technically, the cube has three imaginary "equators" so to say, and along each of the equators, the notches should all be on the left or all on the right. On modern models, this is achieved by the centerpiece stalk having a small recess at its base, and the core piece itself having a specific set of grooves on it that strictly enforces the correct notch directions for all the six centers. If some notch is turned incorrectly, then that centerpiece won't sit well with the core and will noticeably stick out. So, the fact that the centerpiece is elevated and is able to rotate freely is a telltale sign that the notch on it is facing the wrong way.

Last edited:

Cl3ver Cubing

You're both describing what happens when some of the notches on the inner centers (alignment mechanism) are oriented wrong.

Loosen the tensions for easier access, reach between the center pieces with something thin like a screwdriver, and manually turn the notches until an obvious click happens and the piece properly sets into place. It will lower a bit, so you can't miss it. If some center's notch isn't turnable at all, it means it's already set correctly.

The end result should be that all the notches aren't turnable anymore, and the centerpieces themselves sit deep and tight.

More technically, the cube has three imaginary "equators" so to say, and along each of the equators, the notches should all be on the left or all on the right. On modern models, this is achieved by the centerpiece stalk having a small recess at its base, and the core piece itself having a specific set of grooves on it that strictly enforces the correct notch directions for all the six centers. If some notch is turned incorrectly, then that centerpiece won't sit well with the core and will noticeably stick out. So, the fact that the centerpiece is elevated and is able to rotate freely is a telltale sign that the notch on it is facing the wrong way.

Thank you! This worked!

Stuart Wade

One of the wing pieces that make up the core of my 4x4 popped out during a solve? Do I need to reassemble the whole cube or can I continue solving? Thanks.

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You're going to want to put it back in. Find where the missing piece is and take out a corner section next to it (start with the wing, then the centers, and the rest should come out easily). Put the internal piece back in place and put everything back in.

Cl3ver Cubing

Hi! Thanks for finding this thread.
I took my 2x2 to school today, and one of my classmates made the cube take this weird shape, which I think is because of an internal pop.
However, I do not know how to fix this and I have tried several times to dissasemble and assemble as usual, but it always returns to this.

D717B1BC-DB38-4C1C-9A5A-9569F8D53AFB.jpeg

If anybody know a solution for this, I would be so thankful!

Cl3ver Cubing

I hope the stalk isn't bent, but it kind of looks like that. But the stalk might just not be aligned properly in the piece. Take that piece out, inspect the stalk, take the piece itself apart, and reassemble. And hope for the best.

I could easily see that the stalk was damaged compared to a good piece. Is it in any way possible to fix it?

Here is a picture of the stalk.5D4634F4-BF46-4992-A5D8-F3D66761FD45.jpeg

Attachments

• 6E0735A4-3AC2-43A7-9C9E-338AA0E46089.jpeg
    6E0735A4-3AC2-43A7-9C9E-338AA0E46089.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 1

Cl3ver Cubing

I don't know what plastic the part is made of but you could try putting it in boiling water for a short time. It might return to an untwisted state by itself or require a little bending to do so... Or it will deform even more, melt or break under the pressure of bending and be completely useless...

If the puzzle is broken anyway and you have nothing to lose then you can try to fix it yourself, but if you need to save it then ordering a spare part may be your only recourse.

Either way the lesson here is to never lend your puzzles to other people...
The replacement parts looks pretty cheap on speedcubeshop, so I’ll go with that. I have and will not bring cubes to school in the future from now on either;D Thanks for the help!

GAN 356 X

I received my yj yupo today v2m and I solved it a few times then took it apart to lube it and tension, now I can't figure out how to get it back together. What confuses me is that there are 3 internal edge pieces with wings on them, with all the rest without. Whenever I put them into the cube and finish the construction, these wings stop it from turning, as they wedge into the centre pieces. Help is desperately needed!

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I’m pretty sure this Is like the Valk where a couple of pieces have indents (I don’t know what to call them) and just like cubingcubecuber said theatre are center pieces with divots then you put the indented edges on those ones. Then you assemble like a normal 2x2. I had the same trouble when I did this with my Valk but found that out and everything went smoothly. Except for it pops a lot more now Since I reassembled it so I will probably sell it when I go to a comp. and get a tengyu.

GAN 356 X

I’m pretty sure this Is like the Valk where a couple of pieces have indents (I don’t know what to call them) and just like cubingcubecuber said theatre are center pieces with divots then you put the indented edges on those ones. Then you assemble like a normal 2x2. I had the same trouble when I did this with my Valk but found that out and everything went smoothly. Except for it pops a lot more now Since I reassembled it so I will probably sell it when I go to a comp. and get a tengyu.
All the centres have divots though... seeing as there are three, its pretty hard to even them out throughout the puzzle. I will try again today until I get it