• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Disassembly and Assembly Thread

YouTube
ima cuber
i dissasembled my wuque and had this thing on the center in the wrong spot and it was really bad. maybe change the possition of that. (its the little thing next to the screw that pertrudes from the center)

Ok so basically my 4x4 popped, and while trying to fix it, ( i dunno how to ) the entire thing just exploded and now i have a million little pieces that i dont know how to put back together plz help. The 4x4 is a sheng shou mr m 4x4

Ok so basically my 4x4 popped, and while trying to fix it, ( i dunno how to ) the entire thing just exploded and now i have a million little pieces that i dont know how to put back together plz help. The 4x4 is a sheng shou mr m 4x4
Look for a video tutorial on YouTube. Most modern 4×4×4s use essentially the same design, just with different proportions here and there, and you can assemble them in the same way.

Yesterday I decided to dissasemble and clean my MoYu Aosu 4x4. I watched JRCubers tutorial on how to reassemble it and followed that. When the assembling was done I was super happy!
That’s when I tried turning it... and realise that I cannot turn any of the inner layers.
I’ve dissasembled and reassembled it once after, but got the same problem.
If you have any tips that could help me, please tell me!
Thank you!

YouTube
ucubeyt
Yesterday I decided to dissasemble and clean my MoYu Aosu 4x4. I watched JRCubers tutorial on how to reassemble it and followed that. When the assembling was done I was super happy!
That’s when I tried turning it... and realise that I cannot turn any of the inner layers.
I’ve dissasembled and reassembled it once after, but got the same problem.
If you have any tips that could help me, please tell me!
Thank you!
I don't know for sure but I had a similar problem with my aosu gts m. Does it not turn at all, or does it just have super big lockups and you have to sort of turn the internals pieces to line it up?

YouTube
https://www.youtube.
You're both describing what happens when some of the notches on the inner centers (alignment mechanism) are oriented wrong.

Loosen the tensions for easier access, reach between the center pieces with something thin like a screwdriver, and manually turn the notches until an obvious click happens and the piece properly sets into place. It will lower a bit, so you can't miss it. If some center's notch isn't turnable at all, it means it's already set correctly.

The end result should be that all the notches aren't turnable anymore, and the centerpieces themselves sit deep and tight.

More technically, the cube has three imaginary "equators" so to say, and along each of the equators, the notches should all be on the left or all on the right. On modern models, this is achieved by the centerpiece stalk having a small recess at its base, and the core piece itself having a specific set of grooves on it that strictly enforces the correct notch directions for all the six centers. If some notch is turned incorrectly, then that centerpiece won't sit well with the core and will noticeably stick out. So, the fact that the centerpiece is elevated and is able to rotate freely is a telltale sign that the notch on it is facing the wrong way.

Last edited:
You're both describing what happens when some of the notches on the inner centers (alignment mechanism) are oriented wrong.

Loosen the tensions for easier access, reach between the center pieces with something thin like a screwdriver, and manually turn the notches until an obvious click happens and the piece properly sets into place. It will lower a bit, so you can't miss it. If some center's notch isn't turnable at all, it means it's already set correctly.

The end result should be that all the notches aren't turnable anymore, and the centerpieces themselves sit deep and tight.

More technically, the cube has three imaginary "equators" so to say, and along each of the equators, the notches should all be on the left or all on the right. On modern models, this is achieved by the centerpiece stalk having a small recess at its base, and the core piece itself having a specific set of grooves on it that strictly enforces the correct notch directions for all the six centers. If some notch is turned incorrectly, then that centerpiece won't sit well with the core and will noticeably stick out. So, the fact that the centerpiece is elevated and is able to rotate freely is a telltale sign that the notch on it is facing the wrong way.
Thank you! This worked!

One of the wing pieces that make up the core of my 4x4 popped out during a solve? Do I need to reassemble the whole cube or can I continue solving? Thanks.